109. In front of my nose (Jay Halstead)

@mansteadrhekker this request is for you.

Jay was sitting in his living room scrolling through the channels. It was his day off so when Hank called him in he knew something was wrong.

"Look Jay." Hank sat him down in his office. It seemed like he was crying. "It's Erin. She... someone shot her." Hank gulped. "She passed in the hospital."

Jay stared at the wall like he didn't understand. "Erin?!" He looked at Hank and sprinted out on the street.

"I got this." I grabbed my badge and gun and drove to Jay's favorite bar. "I knew I'd found you here."

Jay looked at you with puffy eyes. You could feel the pain he felt so you just sat there in silence, drinking because you knew anything you say won't take the pain away.

It too Jay a little bit over a year to stop crying over Erin's death. It was brutal but you were with him every step of the way. You couldn't help but to develop feelings for him.

"Hey Y/N big day today." Jay winked at you while eating chips.

You took some from him. "Why what's today?"

Jay stopped walking and everyone looked at you two. "Oh, just the valentine's day."

"Last time I checked valentine's day is for two people who are in love." You rolled your eyes.

"I came to inform you that you can all go home early today. Have a nice evening." Hank waved already at the door.

You changed into pajamas and poured milk over the cereals when the doorbell rang. You rolled your eyes and dragged your feet to front door just to see a hundred red roses.

"Delivery for Miss Y/LN." Jay tried to change his voice but failed miserably. "I brought popcorn and a movie." He flashed his white smile and pushed The Note Book movie in your hands.

"Thank you Jay." You welcomed him in. "Let me put that in microwave and you can fix the movie."

You walled back to him and plopped down on sofa. Jay put his arm over your shoulders and pulled you closer. "What, I can't reach for popcorn."

Half way into the movie your shirt was wet from crying. You turn to face Jay but he is already looking at you. He wipes the tears away with his thumbs. "You are so beautiful."

You blush and try to hide it. Jay lifts your head up. "If someone would ask me a year and a half ago where will i be now, I would probably answer dead. Because that's how i felt when Erin died. But you..." He went through your hair with his fingers. "...you were there to get me out of that darkness. You are my sun, my life. The crazy pants who eats cereals for dinner and hamburgers for breakfast."

You laughed, tears back in your eyes. "Jay..."

"No let me finish. What i am trying to say is that I love you. I have loved you in a while now but I was afraid you weren't gonna fell the same." He pulled his hand away.

You grabbed it and gave his a kiss on his palm. "I do. I fell the same..."

Jay didn't let you finish as he pressed his lips on yours in a sweet kiss.