54. I'll always protect you (Hank Voight)

This imagine was requested by AlexandraDraghia. I hope you like it and sorry it took me so long.

I am struggling with putting on my vest. This will be one of the hardest, most dangerous operations so far and I feel terrified.

"Here let me help you." Hailey offers, smiling at me. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just nervous." I fake a smile. I don't want to present weak in front of my boss who is standing right there.

"Okay guys, we have one shot of saving those kidnapped children so make sure you all know what to do and give your best." He grabs a gun and put a hat on his head. It was freezing outside so we need to work extra fast. We arrived at the abandoned house with wood instead of windows, a few cars parked in front. "Okay you all know what to do."

Jay ran on the building roof across the street with a snipper gun, Adam and Al checked the back of the house and the rest of us went towards the front door.

As soon as Kevin bursted the door open, bullets fly everywhere, one almost hitting me in the sahoulder.

When the shooting died down we ran inside, apreading through the entire one floor house, shooting most of the bad guys. I put my guard down for just a second and a buff man points his gun at the back of my head.

My knees got weak, my stomach starts.making flips. I'm gonna die, I think to myself. I was fresh out of the accademy so this was rhe first time somsthing like this happened to me.

"Ler her go, Juan." I hear Kevin's voice as he peeks through the opening of the door. "It's over, all of your people are dead and so are you if you don't put the gun down." He tryes to convince him.

Juan loads his gun and chuckles. "Yeah but she's going down with me."

I close my eyes and the next second I feel struggle behind me followed my a loud bang. I turn around and see Juan's dead body lying on tje floor surownded by a pool of blood.

"Are you okay?" I see Voight standing with worry in his eyes, his gun in his hand. My world starts spinning and if Voight wouldn't cach me I would fall to the hard wooden floor.

I woke up later that day and I blink, I was somewhere that is not my apartment. I try to move but strong arms pull me back. "You're awake." Hank's deep voice makes me turn my head around and I see I'm laying on his chest while he is watching TV.

"What happened?" I rub the back of my head.

"Don't worry about it now, just relax and try to go back to sleep." My eyes feel tyred as they shut bavk down almost imediatley. "I'll always protect you." I hear Hank and feel his lips touching my temple.