164. No backup (Jay Halstead)

greenappleboydraco this one is for you. 😁

"I saw the offender running down the sixth street towards the barber's shop." Kim announced over the radio making you and Jay stop and run in the other direction.

You pulled out your gun when Jay told you to go right while he turned left at the abandoned warehouse. "Be careful please." He whispered before he dissapeared behind the building.

You walked slowly and saw someone running in the warehouse so you called it in and ran after him. "I got him he is in..." All of a sudden everything went dark and you were awoken by the loud thumping steps. "Where am I?" I muttered. I could feel warm blood running down your face. "Let me go I am a cop. If you kill me you will go in jail for life." You tryed to talk him out of something stupid.

"Shut up bitch." He screamed and punched your belly with his leg making you laugh. "Why are you laughing now psiho?"

''Because my fiance is right around the corner and when he finds out what you did you are as good as dead." You gigled.

***

"Y/N?!" Jay tried calling you when he saw you are not responding over the radio. "Boss we have a problem. Y/N is MIA." Jay informed his team with shaky voice. "I think something is very wrong."

"Okay, hold on we are almost there." Hank ran from the other side of the building followed by the others. "Okay what is the plan?" He asked Jay because he knew someone very important in in there and he needs to save it.

"I found her broken phone and radio at that door." He pointed to the door the suspect took you through. "I say we go in with all force and save her." He looked at Hank who nodded. And a few minutes later theu found the suspect lying on the ground, blood all around him. "Check him."

"He is gone." Hailey kneeled down, checking him.

"Y/N?!" You heard your name being called but you couldn't move or speak. You grabbed a metal stick and started banging all over so somone would hear you.

Jay ran in and threw his gun on the floor. "Baby? Honney are you okay?" Jay started crying as he saw your bullet wound on the side of your head.

You raized your hand and grabbed his, squizing it tightly. "Jay!" You whispered. "I... Love..."

"Shhh..I know. I love you to." Jay hugged you, crying. "Don't try to speak. You will be okay." He told you. "Everything will be okay." He whispered.

***
It was only two days later when you were discharged from hospital. Everyone from your team came to escort you out of your hospital room. "I am so glad you are okay." Hailey hugged you.

"Thank god I am leaving this place." You giggled. "What happened with the man that um... Shot me?" You asked Voight. "Jay doesn't want to talk about it."

"He shot himself when we breached in." He furrowed his eyebrows. "Guess he was scared of something."

"I guess so." You giggled, remembering the little threat you made him.