Chapter 31

🚢

【what if Nora's wrong】

🚢

Staring at the mirror, struggling to remove the roller curler from her pair that every time she pulls it out feels like peeling off her skin but in the end, it was worth it seeing the curls at the end of her blond her and other messed up curls which she thinks added to the effects of her appearance and it will be fine. She steps a little backward to have full sight of what she's wearing. White but almost cream shade sheath dress falling down to the floor. It was a bit revealing, showing more of her cleavage because of the neckline but comfortable enough that it was sleeveless. Though Clara doesn't know how did it end up on her suitcase she thought that Trevor must've been put it not knowing what it was but thankful that she has this dress all this time.

For the final glam, she didn't forget to put a light-tone pink shade of lipstick that matches her dress. She fishes her crystal beaded purse—that in fact really has no important things inside, just to look very sophisticated and just to flaunt herself around people.

When she opens the door and looks at both sides of the hallway, Dane told her that he'll be here to get her but its thirty minutes already passed and he hasn't shown up yet. So in the end, she decided to head into his cabin. She checks her room and locked it. To easily go to Dane's cabin, she finds her way to the hallway they used to go as it is the shortcut heading to his cabin risking the situation that Charles could pop up anytime in the hallway but a good thing, he wasn't. She hurriedly walks her way into Dane's cabin and immediately knocks to his door. For a few knocks and calling his name, seemingly off, Dane doesn't response.

She reaches for the knob and tried to turn it but it was already locked. She let out a heavy sigh thinking where he could be at this moment.

If Dane already left his cabin, he could've been at my cabin. She thought in her head.

Clara was confused about where to go now but it would be a waste of time if she will go back to her cabin. She was just worried where might be Dane right now. For a few more minutes she's standing in Dane's cabin door, her attention shifted when she saw some group of people who went to another hallway. She gasped upon realizing that those men were the same people who got Dane into trouble. Later, those men turn to the hallway and headed to her direction and because she doesn't like to be in trouble, she hurriedly finds her way out, passing by Charles cabin door and headed to the grand staircase.

She was relieved when no one was behind her. She wasn't sure if those men know her face and when they found her, she would be some kind of ransom to whatever Dane assaulted them for. But she could breathe easily now that she's safe and far away from those third-class people who she thinks were after for some fight. Gladly, Dane wasn't around and if he was somewhere, she wishes he's safe.

When she found herself near the grand staircase, she looks around to see if Dane was around but she Frank and Nora who's walking closer to her direction. They seem confused about why she was alone and her worried face that calls thousands of attention.

"Hey Clara, you look gorgeous in that dress." She complimented but it wasn't Clara's focus. "Why are you looking around so much and where's Dane?" she asked.

"That's why I keep looking for him, I don't know where he is," Clara answered.

"I thought he will fetch you up in your cabin? He didn't come?"

Clara shakes her head, "no then I go to his cabin but he wasn't there too, I don't know what happened. It's complicated but I need to be sure he's safe."