Chapter 12

🚢

【you sounded like my father】

🚢

It was sumptuous. Their breakfast was enough to get her moving all day if her parents didn't miss out on the first-class ticket she could be eating this kind of food every day but she didn't regret staying on the second-class facilities where discomfort isn't a thing on her. And the good thing about this type of scenario for her, she found a friend in an impossible way.

"What are you doing later?" Dane asked her.

She shrugged off her shoulder, couldn't think of anything but reading her books but as he was her growing company, she tried to think of possible ways to connect with this man.

"I don't know, do you have any idea what to do?"

"Well, aside from roaming around and get us tired by walking, sightseeing would be great but I guess we could do anything, we don't have to think about it. You know when someone told me that, you shouldn't care for what will happen or you wanted to happen and just let it flow that somehow what you didn't expect to happen will happen. It's kinda hopeless to think but we'll never know."

"I see, but what if we just get to know each other, right?"

Dane smirks, "why do you wanna know more about me?"

"Why not?" she creases her forehead.

He chuckles, "nothing, I just don't you want to fall in love with me."

"Care to say, Mister, I won't fall in love with—I mean not because you're a stranger or anything, I just thought that—"

Dane laughs as she explains herself and cut off her stuttering, "you don't have to explain, I'm just kidding. And so what if you wanna know me, I will tell you who I am. Where do you wanna hang-out first?"

"Hmm," she hums. "On your cabin?"

"What?" his guessing. "Why in my cabin?"

"It's grand, clean and comfortable enough. We can't just walk around under the scorching sun."

"You say so," he grins. "And I think you're getting really comfortable with me."

"Whatever you say," Clara answered. "I just need peace and the calm of the waving sea."

He nodded to her answer and told her to follow her to go back to his cabin. Clara's walking behind Dane, and she was unconsciously staring high at him. And so does when he stops, she hit her head on his back. He immediately turns to her and asks if she was okay, Clara got back on herself and nodded. She didn't know she was staring at him like that, as if she was drowning to the thought of something she doesn't know what's happening. When Dane got that she's okay, he immediately turns his back as Clara sneaks to what's happening and she saw that he's talking to someone. She stays quiet and listening to the conversation.

When the man on the tuxedo left, Dane faces her again.

"There's something happening tonight,"

Clara flick her brow, "about what?"

"Something grand as to what he says—like dinner or celebration."

"Awesome, you should go."

"You could come with me," he suggested.

Clara immediately shakes her head, "no, I do not belong there. You should go and I'll stay in my cabin. I guess that's what first-class people do, pure celebration."