Chapter 5

🚢

【New Yorker lad】

🚢

April 10, 1912 – 1:43 PM

Four days before the iceberg collision.

A New Yorker and a British young lady seems to find comfort between each other. Dane tour Clara around his cabin and all he can see how amazed she was. It's doesn't really bother on what impression they impart to each other but impression does last long. On what Dane's seeing, Clara was a good person to have around and she also thought the same. She thinks that Dane wasn't that kind of person who will judge her because of something she will say or act, he can tolerate her, maybe. That's what she's looking forward.

Clara follows Dane, giving comments every time she found things interesting.

"Wow, the bed is so big for you!" Clara said.

Dane chuckles and nodded, "yeah, I could actually use every space of the bed, I'm restless in bed,"

"Well, you deserve it," Clara said and look into his face. He couldn't stop looking into his eyes, it's hazel, his lashes are long and his face was just so good for her type. She didn't even have to find a guy into her out of the country trip because her purpose to get out of her country was to experience something new to her life and she thinks the best way to do it was live the life she has right now. Whatever comes into her life now, she'll be up for it. "What's more interesting in this room, of course, I'm talking about you Dane but we can go to that point later,"

Dane giggles, "of course, I don't think you've seen the bathroom,"

"Oh yes!" she exclaimed.

Clara immediately finds her way to the bathroom and she stops in the doorway when she was blown away how fascinating and glamour it is. Dane smiles how he finds her so cute, she's something that brought Dane something but he knows that this erupting friendship between the two of them will remain just by friends.

When Clara faces the bathroom mirror, she looks at the angles of her face in the mirror and she thinks she's good. When Dane walks closer to her, she looks at him through the reflection of the mirror and smiled at him. She pulls out a pony-tail from the secret pocket of her dress and tied up her hair. Dane watches her fix her hair. Clara thinks that she'll be comfortable enough if her hair was tied and wouldn't block her face.

As she's done fixing her hair, it was a little messy that's why Dane move forward to her.

"I think you miss some hair here," Dane said as put it behind her ears and she's good to go. "Does anyone already said that you're beautiful?"

"A lot," she giggles. "But thank you for that compliment, you're handsome too."

"Thank you, I also get that a lot." He smirks, "you know what I'm more interested in you, I haven't had a single clue about who you are but your name. Would you like to tell me more about you?"

"So, you're now interested in me?" Clara said but as when she stepped back, her hands felt something that she shouldn't be touching from behind. She knows Dane was behind him and her eyes widen by the thought of it. She also felt how Dane move away that caught him off guard. Clara instantly turns and faces him, her hands are on her mouth. "Oh—I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that... you know." She really felt embarrassed.