Chapter 38

🚢

【it's over now】

🚢

Clara and Nora went to her cabin and to her wish that they should not walk through his cabin. She made it possible rerouting their way, the ship is big enough and has a few shortcuts to easily get where you want to go. While on their way, Nora notices how Clara was quiet that only the sound of her heels was the only noise coming from her. She understands what she's going through, the pain and the heartbreak. And Nora couldn't handle all the things that had happened to her, she almost got into Charles's skin and now the current issue was with Dane. How could ever this girl finally find her peace because as to what's happening to her now, she's far from being fortunate.

As they made their last two turns, being unlucky was Clara's last name. Charles showed up and Nora immediately thought of Clara upon seeing his face. They acted like there's nothing to worry about but Clara's starting to avoid any eye contact. Charles stops in front of them, she felt his eyes staring at her but good thing that Nora was there to intervene whatever his intention.

"Where are you going?" Charles asked. Clara notice his hands were inside his pockets.

"Heading to my cabin," Nora answered.

"Can I join? What will you guys do?" Charles seems interested and would like to join.

Nora let out a sigh, "it's not of your business, Charles and you can't join us. It will be just for ladies. You can't be around us and please I know you have something to do than talking with us."

"Why so salty, lady?" Charles smirked.

"I'm not being salty, you're just blocking our way." When Nora said that, Charles immediately paved his way for us. "Thank you," she said nicely as they walk forward, passing him by.

"Hey, Clara!" Charles called her attention but she heard Nora's warn not to look around so they keep walking, "I'll see you around!" he yelled and finally turning to the left hallway and they were somehow relieved as they thought Charles would follow them until to their cabin.

"I'm so over with that man. If I could just throw him on the sea. I'll definitely do that by now," she giggles trying to Clara laugh and she smiles a little and it was enough for her to know that she's getting better. "Should we plan something about it, what do you think?" she chuckles.

Clara shrugged off her shoulder and fell back into silence once again.

When they finally reach their cabin, Nora knocks on the door to check if her father was inside the room and she waited for a few seconds to get a response but nothing. So she decided to open the door and invite Clara inside the room. She roams her head around the room and it was different from where Dane's cabin though the furniture was a little bit the same but all in all, it was still a first-class cabin. It's perfect. Nora leads her in the mini living room and Clara finds herself sitting on the couch and cautiously move because she doesn't want to break anything. There's a lot of figurines and vases stood at the corners of the room, paintings on the wall in which she finds very endearing because of its illustrations and she shifted her eyes to another in which the way to the bathroom and the next door was the bathroom. Her eyes landed into the center table and there are some fruits displayed inside the basket. She tried to reach the apple to check if it's true but startled and abruptly let go of it as Nora talks.

Nora chuckles walking back to her with a tray on her hands and places it to the center table. She took the apple and give it to Clara but she just looks at it and hesitated to pick it up. "Come on, Clara. I know you're hungry, it's free. No one will eat the fruits anyway, father don't like it very much, have a feast." She said and Clara takes the apple from her hand. Nora put a cup in front of her and pour some tea on it, "I just reheated it but it still tastes good, and then some crackers." She offered placing the plate next to the cup. "Don't be shy with me, Clara. We're friends now, right?"