Chapter 27

🚢

【more than just a stranger】

🚢

It doesn't take long when Clara got out of the bathroom, drying her hair with the towel. She finds Dane doing something on the study table and she quietly walks closer to sneak behind him to find out what he's doing.

"What are you doing?" she queried and he immediately put his back inside his suitcase and faces her.

"You startled me, Clara." He uttered and his eyes were moving left to right like he's trying to make up something but it was shown on Clara's face that she's confused about his sudden gesture.

"I was just asking," Clara puzzled. "What are you doing anyway?" she repeated.

Dane takes out his hand from the suitcase and closed the lock of it. He just shook his head to give Clara some response to her curiosity though that just added everything because he wouldn't speak out about it. She might think that it's personal so she didn't push what he was doing there and stay away from the topic. So she walks to the mirror, searches some hairbrush from the cupboard and luckily finds one. She gently brushes her hair down but Dane walks to him and initiated of brushing her hair. Clara gladly accepted his offer.

"Thank you, Mr. Hannoway," she smiles when Dane finishes brushing her hair. Though it was still a little wet she will let it dry open.

"No, problem," Dane chuckles. "oh before I forgot, you forgot your book on the night-desk to bring in with you."

Her eyes widen as she must've forgotten about it too, "oh right! I forgot about it too, thanks for reminding me though. I guess I would stroll and go back to the library to grab some another title to read. Would you like to come with me?"

"Just grab some book and we will left," he noted on her.

She instantly nodded, "sure, that'll be fine for me. And I guess in the next few days, you'll have to get used to  it, going to the library that is if you were around though I think most days we're together, right?"

Dane nodded and scratches the side of his right brow, "Yeah, you're probably right and I wouldn't like to spend my time with Mr. Roberts and Mr. Amford just to talk about some business that as of now we should be getting it off of our priorities," he just shrugged off his shoulder, "I guess that's just their nature but I'm different from them because I know how to have fun unlike them."

"I believe so, Mr. Hannoway," she giggles. She likes teasing him like that because he doesn't want to be called by his last name and she keeps doing it because she finds him cheeky when she always says that. "Though you actually said you know how to have fun, what else are you doing aside from those serious matter things you tend to put all of your attention to. Anything Mister?"

He hummed, look upward to think some of the activity he usually does when he's not surrounded by business works. "Ah!" he exclaimed as a splash of thought came into his mind, "I think what I do most when I'm home alone was sleep—I think that's a fun way to do when you're not doing anything right?" he chuckles afterward.

Clara gives him a little punch on his arm, "you never give me some serious answer but anyway I think you'll be pretty much busy when you'll be back in New York but I hope we could get the chance to hang-out some time in my short stay there. What do you think so?"

He nodded, "just like what I said yesterday, we could stroll around and I can help you familiarize yourself so you wouldn't get lost on your stay here."