Chapter 22

🚢

【you're safe with me】

🚢

Three hours past lunch when Clara woke up from her nap. As she opens up her eyes, she's aware that she's not on her own bed in her cabin. She rose up from laying down and look around the surroundings to find Dane sleeping on the couch. His head was resting on his right hand and she's scared to wake him up because he's deep asleep and might be getting his energy back from all the things that happened earlier. He found him sleeping in the corner of the library and now that he finally sleeps peacefully, she decided not to wake him up.

She gently steps off her feet on the floor as she wouldn't want to make a sound. She checks Dane at the couch and he's still sleeping quietly so she looks around and searches for a piece of paper and a pen to write something before she will leave his room.

Luckily, she found a pen on the top of the furnace and next to it was a small square piece of paper. She writes that she went back to her cabin so that wouldn't make him worried if he found her gone on his bed. When she's done writing, she left the note on the bed and walking on tip-toe leaving the cabin.

As soon as she left his cabin, she feels a little guilty when she didn't wake him up but then she shrugged it off once she knew that it wouldn't be the end of the days when she just left his room.

Clara found her way out of the first-class hallway, it was quiet, the silence was very intimidating. She was bound to meet some staff passing by her and they were looking at her like she was lost sheep in a herd of people that definitely stands-out with her appearance.

She just woke up and the dress she wears judged because she wasn't formally dressing up as the first-class passenger to easily recognize. Though first-class passengers will only stay where they belong and only that matters to their eyes were their belongings.

When Clara took a turn to the right of the hallway, she saw the stairs going down to the second-class floor. She stopped when a few people come out of the room from the left side and blocking her way out. She was patient and waiting for them to disperse. Bowing down her head so she wouldn't be noticeable but as she looks at the person who's at the doorway, their eyes met and she immediately threw her eyes away and as the group of people in front of her started to walk away, she walks behind them but she stops as someone call her attention.

Clara was hesitant to look back, she might be wrong if she's not the person being called out. "Hey, miss!" and that's when she knew that the guy was calling her. She slowly turns her back and faces the person who's still at his doorstep. "Are you on this floor?" he asked but Clara didn't give a response. "I have seen people from this hallway and I know you're not from here..."

"Yes..." was the only word she could give.

"How about that, huh?" he smirks. He stands straight, pocket on his hands and showed a cocky smile. "What's your name?"

She was hesitant. So she didn't answer.

"Why are you here anyway?"

"I'm just visiting a friend—from that hallway." She said pointing out the hallway where she goes out.

The man nodded to her, "I see, that's why you're not familiar to me but..." he clicks his tongue and step out of his doorway and walk closer to Clara. "Do you wanna be friend with me?" he said as he got closer, only a few inches away from her. She doesn't know what to feel but her legs were now trembling. She was trying not to look at his eyes but she knows, she feels that his eyes are staring right at her soul. "Come with me," by that demand, he gripped his hand on her arm that Clara resisted but she couldn't even if she jerked his hand away. It's getting tighten.