Chapter 45

🚢

【she's my wife】

🚢

It's difficult for all of them to get out without someone noticing their movements because everyone was so desperate to go out up to the boat deck where all the emergency boats are located and having not a single idea that the first-class passengers are being chosen to settle in that boat because they have the privileged and more likely, they are calm and discipline enough to move things around without the chaotic side from the third-class passengers in which they're trying to avoid once it sparks out and they all came into the deck to get on to the boat. And now the front of the ship, the center anchor has been sinking and all the passengers who are in front are running towards the end where it is still safe from the flooding.

They spend an hour or so looking for some way out and they know that the water will reach them as soon as they won't quickly find some safe passage. Dane wanted to go back to where they belong but they couldn't risk as the flood would drown them if they weren't safe enough going through it but as soon as the guards locked the gates—and even the elevators aren't accessible. The guards leave their position as they were already told to go to the boat deck wherein people scattered everywhere to get into the emergency boat.

When people find another way to get through the gate, Dane couldn't wait any longer when they will break the locked on the gate because it is impossible to do that when there are too many hindrances. So Dane suggested that they should take the opposite direction in which going through the flooded hallway risking themselves just to go up on the boat deck because they wouldn't be able to do anything here but just wait for the water rises. They sneak their way out, at this moment, people would do anything just to get out but seeing them risking their lives into the direction where the flooding is, they know they are heading to danger.

Upon turning into the right hallway, they saw that at the end that the water on the hallway might be on the neck level. Dane asked the kids parents if they wanted to go through it, they agreed as if it's the only thing that would save them. Clara didn't think about this danger at all because she just wants to help them knowing that all first-class passengers would be saved and the less fortunate would be drown to death. As they finally coming ahead into the water, they warned the kids and the parents that the water so cold and they should prepare their body and mind.

Stepping their feet on the water and as they move forward, they know as they felt that the water rises and goes deep. As the water levelled into their waist and the kids barely stand on the ground, having their feet on tiptoes so they wouldn't drown. Going left and they face even deeper water level, they know they had to go through another plan but this time, the plan would not work out so easily. Dane grabbed Barrett and put him on his shoulder, Harold's father did the same and put him on his shoulder so they wouldn't get drown as they head into the neck leveled water. Clara never lets go of his hand, she doesn't want to get lost and she would like to be alone by any chance, the fact that everyone is in danger, she doesn't want to die here. Not now.

It was hard to breathe, Dane couldn't believe that he will experience this kind of thing but now that it is actually happening and it's a matter of life and death, he wanted to be on the side of the living. Escaping their own death was a big trial and they were not still sure if they will make out alive. It's an excruciating twenty minutes, Dane almost drowned himself many times because the current of the water was coming right into their direction and the water level keeps rising and that only means one thing, the ship was now almost eaten by the sea. Dane assured them that they could get through, another thing they didn't know would happen was some electric malfunction that enrages sparks and if that touches the water, that would totally make them electrified and if not could lead them to death.