Chapter 8

🚢

【we're not a couple】

 🚢

April 10, 1912 – 5:57 PM

Clara doesn't think about the time, she has been very glad that she met someone on the ship and took the boredom away from her. From the time she steps foot in this ship, she thought she would be alone in this journey but just a few hours she met few amazing people. Amidst of the things that had happened, things kinda turn out great somehow. She also hopes that her family knows how she was happy, striving alone and maybe Trevor would be proud to her.

She got out of the bath, it was a public bathroom that shares with the other passengers but that doesn't seem to bother Clara as she tries not to be provocative with her actions. Some lass also finds it teaseful for men but Clara keeps it timid and not showy. She headed back to her cabin and fixes herself.

Wearing a dress would simply be enough for tonight, it wasn't that grand of the event but presentable enough to show her gratitude to the family who's inviting her for dinner. Though that was a gathering for them because obviously food is basically available from the counter of the saloon. But Clara thinks before she headed to meet them, she might think of something interesting to do.

As she finishes drying and fixing her hair and putting some make-ups on, she checks herself in the mirror first before going out of her cabin. But she thought there's something missing on her.

"What is it?" she mumbled.

She looks around, eyed on her luggage and gasped but then thought of it later.

"I don't think jewels would be presentable enough, I don't judge third-class people but I think it's not right for the occasion. I'll just leave it be, my dress... all of me was fine, I think."

She nodded as he agreed to her own self. When she gets out of her cabin, she leads the way to the second-class dining saloon. Though it's close to the third-class dining saloon they had a different hall so she had to roam around first before getting there. She walks inside the saloon and sat on the table and take her order.

Not that long when someone brings her orders and she had a problem. How would she bring all of these meals to the third-saloon alone? She doesn't have enough hands to hold it all. But she didn't mind and take the large plate and put all the food there and sneakily stood up from her chair and make her actions not that playful to the staffs around.

Clara let out a deep breath when she got out of the saloon not getting busted. She didn't waste time and immediately roam around to get on the other side of the saloon. She's not sure if the people she's meeting was already there but she pursues meeting them because their generosity of wanting her to join in their dinner would be enough for her. You cannot experience that anytime or to anyone, Clara must have been feeling good about it.

As she got in the door, she searches for the family but it was too crowded and she couldn't find them. But to her surprise, the two boys jumped in front of her that she didn't expect they'll show up.

"We're waving at you from there," the dark-haired boy said as he pointed the direction where I found his family waiving at me.

"Are those the second-class dinner?" the blond guy asked.

I nodded to him, "Yeah, I kind sneak it out and would love to share it with you guys."

"Oh, wow! Thank you!" the blond boy smiles.