Chapter 44

🚢

【Barrett and Harold】

🚢

Every parent grabbed and carried all their children out of their berths and scurried their way to every possible exit they could sneak out because all the main elevators and stairs have been blocked by the security and won't let through every one of them even if emergency rises up to a risky level. They keep slamming and banging the railings that blocking their way out. They know that if they didn't move out quickly, they could drown in these deck and they don't want that to happen. They don't know what's happening out there right now but they're now saving their own lives but keeping them to have it. Not knowing that first-class passengers have been settling themselves on the emergency boat while they are pleading, begging them to get out of their deck. But when there's a few of them planned to break the gates. Some grabbed sledgehammer, metal ax, and a fire extinguisher. When all of them come together, the security whose keeping them from their place, move out of his place, run for his life. And finally, they got out and move quickly to get to the boat deck.

A few minutes before the iceberg collision.

Dane was already sleeping in his cabin, though he wakes up every time and he doesn't know why. He intentionally keeps his eyes closed so he could easily fall back asleep because he thinks that it would be the best thing to do. But there are other thoughts that bugged him and keep him awake all night, just like yesterday after what happened between him and Clara. It bugged him all night as he couldn't sleep, so he tried to visit and check Clara early in the morning so they could fix and clear the air. Though it wasn't gonna be fix by talks and sorry's. He knows that to himself and he understands where Clara's coming from but it's not his intention.

His feelings were true and he should've kept it that way and didn't go far beyond that.

Later, Dane felt an intense shake coming out of nowhere, he fell out of his bed and confused about what happened. He immediately thought of something but it is impossible to have an earthquake when they're in the middle of the sea. He goes back to his bed and sits at the edge, he rests his elbow on his knee and resting his chin on his fist, and just wonder about what happened.

He later heard someone from the outside shouting. He abruptly jumped out of his bed and rush towards the door and open the door to know what's happening and then he found this man who's shouting that they should immediately get into the boat deck because the ship is sinking. The ship of dreams is sinking. Dane doesn't know what to do as he watches a few first-class passengers who scurried their way out of their rooms bringing some important things with their hands. But Dane froze, stoned on his feet when he thought about Clara.

Dane glances inside his room and shakes his head as he left immediately but not to go to the boat deck but to get Clara. He runs into some first-class passengers whose opposite to the direction he's running into. He's scared and afraid of what's happening. It shows to his face that if he wasn't able to get Clara, he doesn't know what to do next. Seeing first-class passengers panic, it wasn't chaotic, there are elegance and posture in each of their actions but Dane didn't care, he carelessly run towards them and didn't matter if they hit them or not because the only thing that runs in his mind was seeing Clara safe.

He goes to find every possible way to go down to the upper deck where most of the second-class cabins located. As when he finds a clear passageway, he immediately goes through the crowd, and now he's seeing some of them started to panic. He makes sure that he will get to Clara's cabin as soon as possible because he wouldn't let her go and the fact that the ship is sinking, every one of them is in grave danger and possible to drown if they won't be saved but he won't let it happen. He has to get her and get her on the boat.