Chapter 1

🚢

【Out of my comfort zone】

🚢

April 9, 1912

Walking back and forth, thinking about what she could do to use her time as she has already spared her time doing nothing.  As she got into the living room and sat on the couch and lean her back, a newspaper on the center table caught her attention. She immediately snatch the newspaper with a photo of the ship on the front page. She flips the pages where the headline on the front page can be found.

Daily Express, Tuesday

The biggest and longest ship will now sail its way to New York from Southampton in almost 24 hours away. The tickets to this ship line are still available but limited due to people who bought their tickets to experience traveling iton this magnificent ship. Don't miss out!

She didn't finish reading the article as she immediately stood up and shout to call her parents attention. As she runs towards the kitchen and found them preparing for lunch, she didn't lose the chance to announce her intention to told them what she's into.

"What is it honey?" her Mum asked.

She's hiding the newspaper behind her back and shows it to them. Their faces comes with guessing.

"So, a newspaper?" her father questioned.

She hastily gives him a nod, "yes it is and I've got something to say."

"Okay, honey, we're listening..." Her Mum said as she goes back to her cooking.

"Mum, Dad," she started as she was hoping that her parents will agree to what she will ask to them. Her eyes are gleaming towards them as they had no idea what she'll say, they might have a thought but doesn't really know what her pleasing tone was for. "I know this is too much to ask but since this ship announced its voyage tomorrow... I would love to be there and of course, experience New York City."

Her parents looked at each other and let out a sighed. Her father gives her a look and then nodded as if he's giving consent letting to travel. "I may let you go to that ship but remember what we talk about, okay?"

She hastily nodded to her father, "I know that, Dad. I'll keep that in mind."

"The ship will sail tomorrow and I hope we could still get you a ticket."

"Please, Mum." She pleaded.

Her Mum nodded, "alright, I will work on that and you gotta prepare your things."

"I love you guys!" she was ecstatic embracing her parents for a tight hug. "This is the best gift I could ever have!"

Her father laughed, "you've been a good daughter to us, Clara and you deserve to have this trip."

"Aw," she was in awe and couldn't be more proud of how her parents were happy for her. "I'm going to love this cruise trip as much as I anticipated." she exclaimed.

"Good for you, honey." Mum said, "And now we'll have our lunch and after that, we'll get your ticket and prepare your things for tomorrow."

Clara was very happy and she couldn't contain that happiness inside her. Finishing her studies, she promises herself to travel abroad as it was really her dream to experience and see new places. And by this dream of her, she's been eyeing this biggest ship in the world to sail tomorrow and she has never been so excited to step a foot on that ship. She totally loses hope as her parents wouldn't let her travel abroad alone 'cause of the risks, danger, and to her health but persuading them as an adult, she made her changed their mind. At the age of 22, Clara has been spontaneous to experience new things and that's what lead her to be frantic about the ship, Titanic.