Chapter 13

🚢

【I'll take care of Clara】

🚢

Flipping the pages through chapters and chapters, she decided to stop for a minute to check on Dane. As she was reading words but couldn't connect comprehend anymore what she was trying to read, she yawns and closes the book. She decided to take a trip to what's going on with Dane. She's slowing pave her way to the bedroom, couldn't make any creaking sound while opening the door and peek through the gaps she made. Seeing on her one eye, she saw Dane sleeping comfortably on his bed. Like a thought in her made what the comforter feels like.

Screw it. She thought it her head getting inside Dane's bedroom. It is private, she knows that but there's no harm for doing that, and in anyway Dane wouldn't know.

Clara stands beside his bed, she's looking at him like he's a newborn baby. Her eyes stuck on his face, she was mesmerized. She didn't stare at him for so long when he's awake but this isn't an opportunity to call, staring his face wouldn't kill anyone.

She slowly reaches her hand for the comforter and her hand flows smoothly as if she wanted to fall on it willingly though without the sleeping human on it but she didn't mind and sits on the bed. She giggles, at the top of her thought, and removes her sandals to put her feet on the bed. It was five-inch away from Dane so she tells herself that it was still a safe zone. She eases herself lying down on the bed, straight body and her hands-on chest and somehow it didn't bother her that she was lying down with a stranger.

When Dane moves, she almost fell out of the bed but good thing she didn't but what makes her more nervous when Dane faces her direction. He's sleeping, maybe he doesn't really feel that she was lying beside him. Clara stays on the bed slowly gazing at the man beside her.

It feels like her neck had gone stiff as if she couldn't move it. She was just staring at the ceiling that wasn't her comfortable position and she decided to take a little move, by facing Dane's direction.

"What's with you, first-class Dane? Why are you so kind to me?" she questions herself, it was a low tone so he wouldn't hear anything noises she made. She couldn't make him awake by her presence on the same bed. "I feel like you're not like everyone else..." she commented by slowly reaching his face but immediately pulled back her hand knowing she couldn't do it like that. She restrains herself and took a deep breath.

As she was about to get up, Dane murmurs on his sleep. Clara thought that he was awake and call her out but he isn't. He's deeply asleep. But Clara didn't leave the bed, she stays and looks at his face like it was a staring game.

Hours passed, Clara found herself in the arms of Dane. She immediately freaks out that when she stands up, she falls on the side of the bed. Dane gets up and sees what happened to her. They both fell asleep together but Clara never thought she would wake up in his arms.

When Dane reaches to get her up, Clara looks into his eyes and intends to look away, avoiding his gesture of help. She stands up by herself, fixing herself from the mess she made.

"Are you okay?" Dane asked.

Clara nodded, not wanting to speak.

"Are you sure?"

"I am, Dane. I'm okay." She answered, just to stop his questions.