Chapter 24

🚢

【you're my priority】

🚢

It was annoying. Dane couldn't stop thinking about that man because if Clara saw him once again, she would immediately burst into crying even though she will claim everything he had done to her—no one would believe her side because it's all just an allegation and no one would know if that's true or not. There won't be any basis for any accusations to put into one person. Though Dane will try hard enough so she won't able to notice his presence was just lingering around the premises. The dining saloon was huge, a lot of first-class people gathered to take their dinner and he hopes that there will be a big chance that they won't need to step out of the room just because of a man who assaulted a young lady.

With a lot of talks coming from Frank that keep them occupied until their dinner was served. Frank and Clara easily get to compatible with each other as they were talking about common things they have while Dane has ears to their conversation, his eyes wouldn't leave searching for him. If he knows that the man wasn't in the same room anymore, he would feel secure but now that he couldn't see him in the crowded maybe it's good to stay more vigilant.

"Hey Dane," she called him out.

"Huh." He muttered looking at them both who's staring at him bothered.

"Are you okay?" Frank asked.

Dane nodded, "I'm sure I am."

"Why do you look so... bothered?" Frank questioned.

He instantly shook his head, "no, I wasn't. I'm just focused on my meal and I'm loving it. What about you? Did you like what we're eating right now?"

"Obviously, I am." Clara giggles. "It's one way to end this crucial day."

Frank laughed, "a bad day? Well, a boring day for me. I just sleep and smoke, that's all." He grinned. "What about you, mate?" he looked at Dane.

"We're together," he answered. "All day," he added.

He was a little surprised, "wow," then he smiles as he thought of something. "You're really trying to pursue her, no? Well, if I was you, I wouldn't lose the chance to be with this beautiful. She's perfect and I think if both of you happened, you'll be a great couple. I can see it now," he said and the two of them don't know what to say. "What do you guys think? Is there any chance that there could be something between the two of you?" he asked and was waiting for an answer to both of them.

Clara and Dane exchange some stares until he answered for both of them, "I think, Clara and I will be a good friend."

"I agree," Clara nodded. "We can't become a couple. We just knew each other a few days ago and building a relationship takes time and not gonna happen in a blink of an eye. It's just like building this ship. It took many countless years of them to finish it because there's a process and it's like in a relationship... nothing goes fast, nothing goes slow—but on a time that securely knows that both of them are ready to sail their relationship, then it's gonna real. Then that's how you will know if the relationship will meet its very end or just in the middle it ended along the way..." Clara explains that leave them both speechless. "What do you think so, I'm correct, right?"

Dane and Frank nodded to agree on her. Though Dane didn't give any comments about it because Frank always scoops another topic that goes everywhere. It is actually the first time that they've got this kind of conversation with Frank because most of the time, it was just a quick moment and then he will leave.