Chapter 47

🚢

【frozen】

🚢

After seeing Dane jumped from the ship, Frank immediately went to the railings to see if he will make it out alive. He was biting his nail, enough to make him nervous about the situation. He saw that the lifeboat where Nora and the rests have been settled are going farther away from the ship when he looks back at where Dane jumped, he wouldn't make it to reach them as some of the officers-in-charge of the boat doesn't let anyone get in because if people saw they help one, every one of them will come to their direction until they have no space and on the worst case, the boat could turn upside down in which no one would like to happen. So they better choose to settle with the passengers inside and move forward. But Frank could still see a lot that they were recovering them from drowning.

"Dane!" Frank yelled, "Dane!" he repeated but it doesn't even help him. The noise around him cultivates his effort to call his friend. He was a hundred feet up high from the surface of the sea and he wasn't sure if Dane will come out of the water. "For fuck sake!" he slams the railing knowing he would only hurt himself and he shakes his hands off to wiggle the pain.

Frank doesn't know what to do next, he's the only one left in the ship and now seeing it being tilted from the other side and they could totally see that the front part of the ship was already under the water and it will take them some little time until it will sink totally under the water but for now, he'll find a way to save himself. Frank was about to move out from his position when some few people hit him and dropped on the floor, almost slide away but instantly got up from his feet and rush towards those people and he just started punching everyone. From that moment, Frank doesn't know what he's doing, he's getting frustrated on how to save himself now that everyone left him. As those men returned the punches to him, Frank dropped once again back on the floor and received kicks and punches from them as he was trying to cover his face with his face and couldn't defend himself anymore.

When those men stop as their attention caught to another lifeboat being brought down, they paved their way in. People are getting crazy, some people wanted to hop into the boat so they could be saved but the officers are being strict about the rules. It should be women and children and if all were clear, all men will follow—though if there's still boat will be available for the rests of those passengers who have to let go of their loved ones first. Frank tried to find Mister Amford too, just like what Nora asked, if he finds him be with him because he has connections, he could get on the boat but now that he wasn't sure if he will find him, he'll do whatever he can to survive and won't die within this ship.

It supposed to be sailing full of joy not with screams of fear. The ship of dreams that carried thousands of hopeful children, young seekers, and wanderers, parents who look forward to their future and business people who intend to make change economically but all of it goes down into something—a pit of nothingness. All they hope for crashes down and they couldn't do anything to save it. Their lives were hanging by a thread. There are not enough lifeboats that could carry all of them—people are drowning, people are dying and they could only watch them because they have to survive but it wasn't easy. And they're gripping on the rope of life, they've been clearly hanging on and once they let go of it, they'll die and if they didn't make it tonight, the sun won't shine for them tomorrow.

It's been roughly two hours and Frank still doesn't have the chance to get on a boat, even if there are few people inside the lifeboat, they won't let some people join them and that's some kind of fuck up the situation. People are totally getting crazy, as the ship goes sink down under, they were heading upward to the tail of the ship in which started elevating from the surface of the water. They wanted to be saved so they will find a way to keep themselves alive. But Frank knows that this isn't enough. Knowing that all the lifeboats have been sailed out, even the collapsible are being taken out, he didn't even get the chance to be on it and be saved.