Chapter 43

🚢

【I'm not a first class】

🚢

When the crew ships knew that closing all the doors from the lower deck won't help to maintain the ship's buoyancy, at this moment they knew they had to act something that won't create chaos and panic to all the passengers. An officer called some staff as they disseminate his order by informing all the passengers to get on the boat deck where the emergency boats are located. They started to spread the information through the first-class cabins in which passengers woke up from their sleep and panic but stay calm from the information they have. It also spreads down to the second-class passengers but some way to get in and out, they started to block it out because some people are hurrying their way out when it's making people panic. And below the third-class, they were the one who got the information late and grabbed all the important things they had but they couldn't find some way out when the guards already blocked the stairs and the gates.

A few minutes before the iceberg collision

Frank was heading back to his cabin as he went to the smoking-room. Whistling, entertaining himself from the white-walls of the hallways, he couldn't be proud of himself more as he's experiencing this once in a lifetime voyage—though he'll surely be on board on this ship again in the future on its maiden voyage, it is a story to tell to others and make them jealous of what he can achieve. As he reaches his cabin, reaches the knob, and ready to push it forward to open the door—something happened. Form where he's standing, he felt an intense abrupt shake of the floor as he instantly ducks himself on the floor and touches the floor if it is still shaking and it stops.

He stood up from ducking on the ground and obtaining his balance. Frank was confused about what's happening and the next thing he saw was some of the first-class passengers also get out of their rooms and ask what was that all about. It's intense and he wouldn't conclude that its an earthquake because for having a reasonable doubt that it couldn't happen on the ship—they're in the middle of the Atlantic sea.

Frank thought that maybe it was just the ship's engine malfunction that causes that kind of intense shake and he shrugged it off. He went inside his cabin and prepared himself to go to bed. While removing his bowtie, he heard knocks on the door. He pulled out the bowtie and throw it on the bed and lead his way to the door. He opens it looking at a crew staff. The staff explains about the incident they felt earlier and they shouldn't panic at all and then another crew staff came by to him and whispered something to his ear. Frank tried to eavesdrop but it was gibberish—didn't understand a single word but noticing the crew staff who informed him, his face changes from showing assurance to a worried reaction.

"Sir, I need you to go to the boat deck now and gather with the others," he ordered without some context on why he should do what he said to him. And Frank insisted to know what's happening, "the ship hit an iceberg and I'm afraid to tell to you that the water entered the ship and it's flooding the lower deck. Be safe, Mister." The crew staff nodded to him as he was shouting to the next hallways what he just knew about and stop making people believe that they are safe because they're not.

Being alone on this ship, Frank knows what he has to do, and just like what the crew said to him, head to the boat deck as the emergency boat will be transporting people into a safe passage. Frank immediately went inside his cabin and pick up all the necessary and important things that matter to him. Cash, his watches, and a few important documents and all of it he put inside his coat.

As he got out of his cabin and find his way to the boat deck, he bound to meet Charles who quickly avoid his presence and run opposite to where he is going. Charles brought a suitcase in which a struggle for him to move as fast as he can. But it seems odd to see him like that. He hasn't dressed accordingly to his normal attire. Frank had a better idea of taking all the important things he needed. Frank goes through the same direction where Charles went and as he got into the boat deck, as he roams his eyes around seeing all the first-class passenger who's shouting, getting their way into the boat in which guarded by some security. When he saw some crew that's giving away life jackets, as he asks for one but he didn't get there on time as the life jackets were taken by most of the first-class passengers.