Chapter 23

🚢

【it's a compliment】

🚢

They were still in silence though Dane let Clara rest for the meantime as she's trying to cope up with what happened earlier. Over the time Dane couldn't help but to think of confronting the man who just harassed her but to Clara's wished not to do it, he didn't take any actions though if that situation goes beyond what happened Dane wouldn't just take it off of his head. It's sickening. Of course, no one would believe Clara because she's a second-class passenger compare to the power that man had but she had Dane and he will do everything at any cost to help her.

He comes closer to Clara, reaches on her shoulder and lifted up her head meeting his eyes. Her eyes were tired and he could that by just looking at her. Her eyes were a little puff from crying and all he can do was to comfort her and to be strange within his arms.

"Hey, I have an idea," he started. "Would you like to walk outside spend some time near the deck? The closed room might be suffocating you and I just think that you needed some air to comfortably breathe out your feelings."

Clara simply nodded to his suggestion. He offered his hand to help her stand up. He really cared for her. When she gets her balance and tried to compose herself to not look so pale and boring but to what just happened, it's impossible to easily cope up with an intense horrific act made by some stranger.

Holding her hand, Dane slowly opens the door and let out his head on the door to check the sides of the hallways to make sure that no one was around. When he finally assured that Clara would be fine, they step out of the cabin and Clara won't let go of his arms too.

While they found their way out of the hallways, Clara was quiet and he understands what she's going through right now because going under on that kind of situation, it wasn't easy to take in. It will take a lot of time to process and deal with it personally because the more the situation triggers it battle against within your head. And for that, Dane would solely help her, as if not moving on but getting over it so it wouldn't affect her emotional and mental state for the time being.

When they got out of the hallway and saw the end, a few people pass them by and Clara startled a little making her head looking from left to right just to be sure that the person wasn't around.

That situation traumatizes her easily. It's her first time traveling—alone and this would she get without the presence of her family and friends around. She already had doubts in her head and it wouldn't go away.

He gives her hand a few taps that wrap on his arm to calm her inside. Clara looks at his face and when she saw his smiles, it gives a little thump in her chest that makes her feel a little okay and far from being too much scared.

Dane and Clara decided to sit on the chairs facing the vast sea. He makes sure that Clara would be comfortable and won't be afraid of people passing by them.

"Will you be okay?" Dane asked her. "Damn—I shouldn't have asked that. I know it's personal to you and that's not an issue to let go of so easily. Take your time, you don't have to move on quickly. Help yourself but don't dwell with it and I'm gonna make sure that that guy who just harassed you will get his karma."

Clara smiles and nods, "I think I'm gonna be fine, Dane..."

When he heard that statement from her. He's still worried about her because she might be saying to make it look like that she's fine and don't worry about what happened but he saw what she's been through earlier, she was frightened. "Are you sure?"