Chapter 15

🚢

【do you like the sea】

🚢

Clara and Dane decided to ditched Nora and Mr. Amford on their dinner, though they already had their dinner earlier, Mr. Amford could hold them for a long time and maybe it's a good thing for the both of them to walk out and have a peace of mine without interfering of others.

As they walking towards the back of the ship, Clara was wondering around as she looks so much curious within the premises as Dane snatches glances on her. When Clara look into him, he was a little surprised because he was caught in the act by staring at her for so long—he thought that Clara didn't notice that at all.

"How unbelievable that they built this humungous ship for about years, we've only heard about it but now we're stepping into it now. Isn't that crazy?"

"It is crazy, as a matter of fact, back in New York, this infamous ship was one of the biggest talks in the city that's why many people decided to go to England to visit and came back to their country cruising on this ship."

"And you're one of them,"

"You got it," Dane chuckles. "Do all English people were crazy about this ship too?"

"Totally—I mean, so much they are so into it. I actually have no idea that I would be standing right here, right now. My parents just brought me the ticket and I've been thankful for them because this is what I want in life, to travel and see the world."

"Though you can also see right now was the vast see and darkness," he said as he looks up in the sky.

Clara put her head up high, "it's not really dark out there, the stars shine and makes the sky bright. There's still light even if the darkness enveloped the sky."

"Don't you go deep on me, Clara." Dane chuckles, "anyway, we should go to those benches." He said pointing the nearest bench so we could sit from the longest slow walk we just had.

As they were heading the bench, the back of their hands was touching but they didn't mind about it, it didn't bother because that doesn't mean anything to them but later, Clara slowly bow her head down and hold her other hand and won't let it sway again.

When they finally seated, facing the sea, Clara somehow gropes in silence while Dane takes his time counting the stars up above. When there's too much silence around, even the sea is so calm they didn't mind they were in the middle of the sea. There's too much peace and it somehow helps Clara to recover from her seasickness.

"I lost it," Dane mutters so Clara looks at him confused.

"What did you lost?" Clara asks.

Dane pointed the sky, Clara's still guessing him. "The stars, I lost my count."

Clara giggles, "you can't count stars, Dane. There are an infinite number of stars and even if you can count those you can see, there are some stars that we aren't able to see."

"What do you mean by that?"

"First-class Dane, it's just like life. Obviously, we can see those stars who shine the most and to us, they are somewhat special to our lives but there are stars that aren't shining like the one we see, but they still matter we just don't appreciate how they shine at their peak because we only tend to see the most than the least."