Chapter 28

🚢

【keep up with me, mister】

🚢

Clara was already about a few chapters reading when she glances at the man in front of him who's trying to entertain himself by wandering his eyes around the premises. It's all books and shelves, nothing interesting to spend thought and then she decided to close the book in which caught his attention.

He creased his forehead, "what are you reading? Go on, keep reading."

But Clara ignored his words and shakes her head, "No, I'm not gonna continue reading when you're already bored enough looking around the place."

"I'm not bored," he reasoned but it's obvious in his tone that he's making it up. Clara noticed it. "Don't mind me, I know you need it and it's just my nature when I'm not getting anyone's attention."

She chuckles, "I know that's why we should go somewhere else where you can put your attention around not just to me." She stood up to show him that she'll leave, "stand up, Mister. I'm not gonna wait for you," she warned.

She slid back the chair under the table and walks out of the premises. Dane grunted standing up and followed her out. Though he doesn't want to spend his time all day in the library he also doesn't want her to go around just because of him. He's trying to pull her out of the crowd because of Charles but it seems like Clara wouldn't be bugged with the following situation at all. She knows the risks but she couldn't stop having fun around.

Running towards her, Dane slips and made a loud sound falling on the floor. Clara immediately turned back to see what happened and her eyes landed to Dane plastered with embarrassment on his face. Clara giggles while watching Dane rubbed his pelvis area in which he suffers the most.

"Why are you laughing? Don't laugh at me," he commanded and Clara couldn't help herself but show her mockery towards him. There were people around who saw the scene in which people find hilarious and dumb for him. Clara walks closer to him, grabs his hand to help him stand up. "You're too heavy!" she mentioned, taking a deep breath as if she's getting enough strength to bring him up on his feet and she did, of course, Dane help himself too.

"Was that even funny?" he questioned and Clara nodded grinning as she couldn't forget his face when he's on the floor. "It isn't funny, you just think that it was funny."

"You're so adorable, Dane." She giggles. "It was very funny,"

He sighs, "luckily, you didn't see me fall and that I'm already on the floor because that would be a shame for me. People saw me there—" he pointed at the floor, "but hey, it was nice to see you smile and laugh like that. You're even more beautiful if you do that often." He smiles and silence between the two of them as their eyes stare at each other but Clara has to break it by hitting her hip to his and Dane almost screamed in pain but he resisted that would catch people's attention. Clara laughs, her shoulder moves up and down as she tries not to be so loud.

Clara leaves him standing there, his hand placed where it hurts him.

"Keep up with me, Mister."

Dane groaned and run towards her, this time cautious to his every step. When he keeps up with her, he held her on her waist that shocked her and tripped together with their feet. Dane saved Clara falling from the floor instead he was the one who goes under so she wouldn't be hurt. So Clara fell on top of him. They heard gasps from nearby but they didn't care when they're the center of attraction.