Chapter 35

🚢

【the truth】

🚢

Clara woke up suddenly when she dreamt of falling down from the river, she made a little twitch and she could only feel the rapid beats of her chest. As she tries to roam her eyes around as darkness enveloped the surroundings and only the light coming from the round-window above the bed lit the room but not enough to see everything around. She took a deep breath and smile plastered on her face, holding the blanket covering her body she reaches the person next to her but she didn't found him there, there was no one beside her.

But then her vision almost adjusted from the darkness. She saw the figure of a man sitting at the edge of the bed and seems problematic but she couldn't tell because it's dark and vague as she just woke up from a weird dream.

She looks at the desk next to the bed, she finds his watch there and picks it up to check the time. She narrowed her eyes she reads, 1:42 in the morning, it's April 14 already. She put it back to the desk and slowly move towards Dane. At this moment, she was sure about his feelings towards him because that kind of gesture would only tell that something is going on between the two of them. She knows that it's not the right thing to do but she couldn't ignore the fact that her mind giving it all for him.

And for her, it's more than being just friends—more than likeability.

She holds him on his shoulder, moves closer and gave him an embrace. She smiled, closed her eyes as if the man she's embracing were meant for her not until she notices that he's sobbing, his shoulder was making a little move that confused her to what is happening. She wanted to face him but she couldn't when it's still dark to see his face.

"What's happening Dane?" she asked, worried about him. But then he didn't give a response and keep sobbing. Clara started being so anxious because it's not what she's expecting to happen. After what just happened earlier, like it is the first time she ever felt from someone and then Dane will be like this after.

She's confused. She doesn't know what's happening because he won't talk.

"Dane? Is everything all right?" she asked once again. She settled herself and sit right next to him. There's a little light coming from the window that makes half of his face visible but couldn't directly see his reaction when his hair was covering his eyes, it was messy so Clara tried to fix it up but Dane jerked his head away from her hand.

She gasps not knowing what's happening and to his actions, Clara started to doubt her actions.

"What's happening, Dane? I want to know. Did I do something wrong? Do you think what we did was wrong?" she questioned. She took a deep breath before she continues, "I will honestly tell you and this is the only time I will say it to you. Nora told me what both of you talks about and she gives me some information about it and it's all about you Dane. She thinks that you like me. That you're into me, Dane. I actually don't believe her I always see you as a good friend just like what you always said to me—even to Frank and Nora. You believed that we were just friends and so I thought that we were but you never knew that I had this kind of feelings that I don't understand and I don't want to understand because sooner or later, we'll be letting go of each other and that'll be going to waste. But whenever I am with you, I feel so happy and reckless. I was like I'm free—more than you ever thought. I just came here on my own, to feel that I also belong to this world—and also what's out there and even where just in this ship, you make me feel like I'm already going to the other side of the world. I don't know—I just couldn't understand because I keep leaning to the words you said that we're just friends only until it happened... I have no regrets, it was beautiful I think, Dane. Now that I can finally say that we couldn't just be friends..."