Chapter 21

🚢

【your name sounds pretty】

🚢

"Finally," Clara announced as she stretches her arms up with a wide grin on her face. When she closed the book, the fulfillment visibly shown in her giddy little actions and Dane notices that on her because for the last few hours, he has been spending his time waiting for her reactions and exaggerated comments that she's not agreeing with the development of the story occurs. "It's what I'm waiting for," she grunts.

"I'm proud of you!" Dane claps his hand and glances at his watch, "though it's lunchtime already, we should go now or we'll miss it."

"Yeah, we should probably go now," Clara said and stood up. When something popped in her head, she faces him and Dane creases his forehead. "Why don't you join me in the second-class dining saloon?"

Without hesitation, Dane abruptly gave her a nod, "sure, that would be fine for me."

"But I think..." Clara hummed as she looks at him intently from head to toe.

"What's the problem?"

"You look very classy." She pointed out, "you can easily distinguish that you're a first-class passenger."

"What would you want me to do?"

Clara hummed, thought of some possible ways to make him look like less a first-class. Though it wasn't really necessary she just wants him to wear simpler and not to grab some attention when they're in the saloon. Most people won't bother what does everyone looks like though in this kind of environment what you look like matters.

"Uhm, I think just removed the coat," she directed and Dane was still hesitant to do it but he slowly takes off his coat but struggling when it won't come off from his arms so Clara comes and join to help him and totally removed it his clothing. She lifts Dane's coat, hanging in the air and it was huge for her if she wears it. She neatly folds the coat and handed over back to him. He gladly took it from her and smiles 'cause Clara grins widely. Then she notices his bowtie.

"What now?" he raises his brow.

"You still look so perfect, Dane. Remove the bow tie also and I think that'll be all good."

"Would you think?"

She nodded and initiated to untie his bowtie. He doesn't resist and let her do what she wants. When she's finally done and give the bowtie to Dane, she looks at him like she may have done a masterpiece itself. He slid down the bowtie on his slack's pocket.

"Would this be enough for me to eat on the second-class saloon?"

She shrugged off her shoulder, "yeah but you could still wear the coat anyway but don't—" she stops him. "Let it just the way it is, you look so handsome when it's simpler. I can see your face clearly with the white polo that compliments your skin."

He scratches his head, felt shy a little. "You don't need to say that,"

"It's what I just observed, Dane. Not a big deal."

"For me, it is," he smirks. "Anyway, shall we go now?"

"We can finally go now," she giggles getting his arm and wrapped her hand in it.

They took a lot of turns, hallways, and stairs to reach the second-class dining saloon. Dane was playing it cool though it isn't the first time when Clara told him that he would catch people's attention it would become some commotion but as soon as they enter the premises, nothing happened as they normally came in and find some vacant seat to have their lunch. They checked the meals from the menu card and only by reading the name of the food, it's already appetizing.