Chapter 34

🚢

【it's never wrong, Clara】

🚢

It took them a lot of time to get into his cabin because he wasn't able to move fast because the pain wouldn't subside like that so easily. Clara gently reaches the knob of the door and pushes the door inside by her foot because she couldn't let his arms go because he might fall on the ground, Dane was a little dizzy after getting a punch in the face and her face shows very anxiously towards his condition now.

When they feel the warmth of his cabin, or it might've been just the effect of the wine on their body. He brought him into his bed and Dane grunted when he's being assisted by Clara sitting on his bed.

"I didn't know this day will come, a lady would assist me," he smirks but a little ashamed based on his tone.

Clara shakes her head, "it doesn't matter who helps you helps you right now because you should seek medication first before arguing with those kinds of things. I don't mind helping you though, I cared for you that's why..." she muttered roaming around his cabin to find a clean towel and filled a small bucket some water.

"I know there's some first-aid kit on the cupboard, I must've seen them there before," Dane said to her and Clara immediately headed to the cupboard though before she leans down to it, she looks at the mirror first then glance at Dane to check if he notices what she did there and finds the first kit inside. Dane pointed the direction and Clara keeps following his instruction. "No, Clara, it's just on the upper layer. Eyes on there, not on me," he grunted.

And Clara chuckles upon his irritation. When she finally found what she's looking for, she showed it to him and rush towards his direction. She keeps hearing his hissed when he's touching his face but Clara shoved his hand away from his face so he wouldn't be able to hurt himself.

"Is it really that bad?" Clara asked, preparing some betadine on the gauge.

"I'm not a human if don't tell it hurts me," he countered. "But please be gentle."

Clara nodded, "I'm sure I will." She assured him.

She started by cleaning Dane's face, there's blood on his nose so she carefully pushed down the towel to washed off the blood clot and when it's done, she did the same thing to his lips though she cautiously not to touch the cut on his lip, it's not that bad but it's new and it hurts him so much. Though Dane can tolerate the pain, he just wanted to see how Clara cares for him.

"Hey, go easy on that," he hissed when Clara mistakenly pushed hard the towel on his lips. "That's too precious, don't let it hurt so much more."

Clara chuckles rolling her eyes, "what about your right cheeks, does it hurts?"

He nodded, "a little, that idiot almost break my jaw and I couldn't let that happen." His anger started to rise but Clara reaches for his hand, opening his hardened fist and let him calm on the process. When she started to lean closer to him and dabbed the towel his face, he jerked his head away from the towel. "Be gentle, it hurts." He said.

"I'm gentle, just bear with the pain, okay?" Clara uttered but then Dane grabbed his hand and he draws her hand by moving it slowly forward to his face and when Dane felt it, he endured the pain until he removes his hand from Clara and let her do her thing.

They bound into silence while Clara spends her time cleaning his wounds, though it's not an open wound Dane feels great getting some aid from someone he knew cared about his condition. The only noise that comes up was from Dane, his hissed makes Clara trembled because she thinks that she's doing too much but she knows it's for the best. She sighed that they ended up in this kind of situation and she keeps worrying about earlier. She could've done something more than just watching them fight for their lives. And now that she's helping Dane, they won't end up cleaning his wound if she didn't freeze on her feet.