Chapter 9

🚢

【Lady Problem】

🚢

Leaving Clara wasn't his intention but to respect Mr. Amford. While the gentleman was talking to him, he couldn't stop looking back and checking Clara but it seems like she had been companied by those kids who messed with them earlier. He took a deep breath and listen to what his business partner was saying.

Because all he could recall to the point what he was saying were the thing happened earlier on the lunch.

Though he may slip about it and didn't mind but it became a business to Mr. Amford and his daughter. Not that long when they got through to their cabin, Dane awkwardly greeted them as if nothing had happened earlier.

His eyes and Nora met. He nodded and immediately took it away. He doesn't want to be uncomfortable around, he just doesn't like the way what happened earlier. It feels like, Mr. Amford were pushing Nora on him when clearly on Dane's mind, he wouldn't ever screw with his business partners and to their daughters. He had respect to himself and he had pride with it.

Though his presence was with them. His mind was flying back to Clara. He knows he shouldn't be thinking about her but he thought that she's a good company that would make his journey on this ship not boring at all. He wanted to get out of his comfort zone and getting out of it was to do it with someone else you don't know.

"I may leave the both of you for a second, I need to see Mr. Roberts." Mr. Amford excuses.

They both nodded, "sure, father." Nora said.

Followed by Dane, "all good, thanks, sir."

As Mr. Amford left the cabin, the spacious room left for both of them. Dane sits on the couch while Nora does the same, they were a few inches from each other. Giving distances means they respect each other and what happened.

"I'm sorry—" both said in chorus, they stopped and looked at each other for seconds until it changes with humorous laughs.

"You go first," Dane insisted.

"Sure," Nora smiles. "My father couldn't say it first hand that's why he took off, so I would like to apologize for what happened earlier at lunch. I know you become uncomfortable about it, I feel it."

Dane scratches his head, "Yeah, kinda. I just don't like being pushed to things that like."

"Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. My father was just err... what do you call about it—forget about it? And whatever I did say I hope you'll forget that it happened, all right?"

He nodded, "sure, I also apologize for the way I acted earlier. That was too rude. I shouldn't be acting like that. Is there anything I could do?"

Nora shrugged off her shoulder, "I don't know, maybe join us for dinner tonight?"

He thought about it for seconds that he'll be seeing Clara tonight but maybe after dinner, he will do that and so he gladly accepts the invitation she offered. Though after that, things get awkward and Dane immediately stood up from sitting.

"You know what, I should go back to my cabin and take some rest." He reasoned.

Nora nodded as if he really wants him to go, "sure, we'll be seeing you tonight right?"

In the Sea of Light and Darkness (Titanic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें