Chapter 48

🚢

【sea of grave】

🚢

Seeing Clara struggle from her health condition, Dane doesn't know what to do. He tried to sneak in from the guards but he wouldn't able to make it and the officer pointed the gun on his direction as if he will make another move, a bullet will shoot right into him so he immediately back off and stood behind the railings to see what's happening with Clara now and she's still in pain—almost like dying. Then he goes looking back at forth to Clara on the lifeboat and to Frank who's looking around to ease their situation but he knows to himself that there's nothing they can do more. The ship is sinking and if they will stay longer, they will die with it.

And then he looks at the turn to his friend, "Frank, I'm sorry buddy." And before Frank could even reach him, he couldn't make it as Dane jumps out of the ship and fall as his impact on the water made him unconscious. And it feels like the sky lights its way and opens up for him, as he won't suffer for so long and just leave everything right now. The images of Clara flashes and all the memories he had with her were composed of pure joy and love. He didn't know how it all ends miserable but he doesn't want to leave everyone behind right now.

His new-found friends who treated him like a brother and that he regretted all the things he had done. It wasn't his intention to ruin and became cruel among the innocent things they do. Dane knows to himself that kind of actions shouldn't be reprimanded, it was unforgivable and no one could take it all back after all the lies and pain. Even after all that he had done to them, hiding and keeping it as secret, they all set it aside as they encounter this huge tragedy that will take their lives in just a matter of time and he can't let go right now. He just can't be dead.

Dane gets back his consciousness, he opens his eyes and immediately felt hard to breathe as he doesn't have enough oxygen in his body as he tries to swim his way back to the surface but it is hard for him to go up without having a life jacket. He began to shiver from the cold water and if he will stay under the water—he won't make it he was sure of that. But then before he could even shout for some help, Dane didn't notice someone above him as he looks up and saw a man falling right into his position. The man falls to Dane and lost his consciousness and hits his Dane's head as he began to sink back under the water.

He goes back to his time when he was with her girlfriend. He promises her good life ahead of something they want to fulfill in the future. He wants to have a good life with her and that he can give all the things she needed. It is the best feeling and having her in his life was something he doesn't want to end. Leaving New York for a business, he promises to her that he will back to her arms and they will continue something they had on a forever phrase said Dane, and trying to not give away anything about his surprise. He left her and went to London and as he goes back, he bought an engagement ring in which he decided to propose to her at their anniversary in which will happen on April 18. But Dane got sidetrack and mislead to his purpose and met Clara and because of his growing feelings towards the stranger he had just met, he continues pursuing Clara amidst his known relationship with his girlfriend. He kept it and move forward with Clara—as he takes as a temporary girl.

Basically, he cheated on his longtime girlfriend to an innocent girl who he busts his way onto her. His actions are unforgivable but he doesn't want to be dead, he wants to live again with the truth and if this is karma for him, he will accept it but he won't die, not this time.

Dane gains his consciousness back and as he tried to swim up back to the surface, and chases his breathe as he feels like he wasn't breathing for a very long time. He couldn't even feel his skin anymore, it is cold and fragile—it could almost break if its gonna be smash with a hammer. As Dane keeps struggling to stay on the surface, as he saw some people near him—he tried to come at them finding out that they were dead already. He didn't hesitate to remove the life jacket from the body and let the body sink down under as he let it go and wear the life jacket for himself to make him stay on the surface.

In the Sea of Light and Darkness (Titanic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara