Chapter 4

🚢

【great and lovely person】

🚢

There's a lingering thought inside of his mind when the girl immediately run out from him. Well it was odd for him to be in that kind of conversation, aside from some of his business partners on board on the ship there are no other people he knows and he thinks that introducing himself to some people won't hurt his reputation and he doesn't even care about what line of passenger he is. The class division of every passenger was just determined by their wealth, but that doesn't mean people can't interact with each other.

Well, to Dane, rich people don't interact with low-class people. But to him, it doesn't even really matter.

Dane was expecting her to come back, she really seems a lovely and fun person but odd at first impression though that can change in a matter of time—or so if that happens again.

"Mr. Hannoway!" When he heard his name calling out somewhere, he immediately searches for the person calling out his attention and he found him when he's walking towards him. "What are you doing alone here? Are you hanging out with someone?"

Dane shook his head, "not really, I was just chilling."

"Right, I can see that." Mr. Amford says, "but if you're free right now, I think there are some interesting people you wanna meet?"

"Now?" he asked.

Mr. Amford nodded, "yes, you're not that busy I guess, right?"

"No, no, no. I'm not. Yes, we can do that now."

"Great. And after that, we'll meet Mr. Roberts for the lunch, are we cool with that?"

"All cool to me," Dane assured. He stood up from sitting, heaved out a sighed thinking that the girl would come back and saw that he wasn't there for her but he couldn't decline Mr. Amford's invitation that's why he followed him to wherever he's leading him to.

They reach the Verandah Café in which the people Mr. Amford's talking about are already sitting on the table. As they got closer, Dane greeted them and tries to start some conversation but he thinks that these people in front of him are only interested in business matters—they're not on a meeting or in some kind of business agenda's, they're here to have some fun and relax and Dane doesn't seem to find they're enjoying the moment. Or that's what just first-class people do.

"So, what else would you do when you're back in New York, Mr. Hannoway?"

"Work of course but there are some things I needed to work out also, and sir you can just call me Dane, I prefer to be called by that when we're not in some kind of formal event."

"You're right," Mr. Amfords laugh, "I know, this is just a casual conversation but that doesn't seem a problem to us."

"Yes, sir. I get that."

"I know," Mr. Amford nodded, "but I just wanted you to meet my daughter," when he pointed the young girl next to Dane, he then realizes that it was not just other people he's talking about but his daughter. Dane nodded with pleasantry and smiles to her, "she's my eldest, Nora Amford."

"Nice to meet you, Nora. I'm—"

Dane didn't get to finish his greeting when she interjected, "You're Dane Hannoway, I know that very well. Nice to meet you too."