Chapter 3

🚢

【Seasickness】

🚢

When Clara goes to Deck E in which her designated cabin located. As she opens the door, her eyes gleam to what she just witnessed. It's not what she expected for second-class facilities. It wasn't that small and big enough but for only one person, it was already enough. A single bed, a small desk, and a sofa. The floors are linoleum and items of furniture are made of oak. Though her parents would take her to the first class if they got that ticket for her but she thinks it's fine, it doesn't even matter where she sleeps but just to experience this kind of cruise for the first time and alone in a place she could wander.

She left her room, didn't have time to check other premises where she could go back and do that later. She just couldn't waste the opportunity to watch the scenery outside. It is the most precious thing she would've seen if that happens, she may have a little seasickness but she's gonna get through to this whole cruise.

Clara found her way into the second-class boat deck near the first-class boat deck, she was mesmerized as she took a deep breath and closes her eyes. But got bumped off by some people who are going back and forth and scoffs as they just go off without apologizing to her but she has patience and won't let that wreck her dream getaway.

When she's looking around and stand behind the rails and breathe the smell of the ocean, it was weird but feels good to her. As she looks down, she stepped back as her fear of heights kicked in and she makes herself calm down. She ended up laughing because that was so intense for her and that when she heard an old lady yelled and a very good gentleman helped the poor lady. Clara raised her brow as she's inspecting him, she examines her from head to toe and she just guesses that the man was a first-class passenger based on his looks. The moment when his eyes fall on her direction, she panicked inside and just smiled to him and looked away and walked away not to be sight by where the guy was.

For a few minutes, she was watching everybody as she decided to look back again to the first-class gentleman and saw him on the bench, sleeping. She walks towards him, totally not a creep. She sits beside him, taking glances on his sleeping face and she almost slipped off of sitting beside him when Dane startled waking up.

At that moment, Clara didn't expect to have a conversation with him that she ended up running away from him as she couldn't handle the pressure the way he's looking at her.

When Clara's out of sight from him, she leans her back on the wall and took a deep breath.

"Okay, calm down, Clara." She told to herself and she doesn't know why she's acting like and she hopes that Dane wouldn't find her really odd and strange because she thinks that Dane wasn't just a handsome face but something more. She wishes to talk to him more.

She just needs someone to talk to keep her away from boredom but she couldn't be bored enough with the scenery and every facility served by the Titanic.

Clara feels like she needed to go back to her cabin just to put her reason, not in jeopardy. When she goes back to her cabin, she immediately checks herself in the full-length mirror. Fixes her hair, put simple touches and smoothen her dress. She wasn't expecting this kind of interaction and she should be prepared when she goes back to him as she memorizes her answer to Dane's question.

She composes herself, trying to give out an answer but that doesn't really quite the words she's trying to impose on him.

"Whatever might happen, let's do this." She muttered talking to herself.