Chapter 33

🚢

【it's fragile】

🚢

They don't know if it's the wine or just Clara speaking out of nowhere, they were staring at her for a few seconds until they laughed at her. And when she came back to senses and remember what she just said, she felt her face reddened as embarrassment covered her but they didn't mind it. The red wine they're drinking wasn't that strong, the alcohol content was just 3.5 percent but maybe it was enough to make Clara go on the loose.

When Dane spilled the last dropped of wine on his glass, someone came over to their table. He slams his hand on the table that brings all their attention to him. The attention seeker slash maniac, Charles Dupont.

"What are you doing here?" Nora asked him raising her brow. Her red lipstick marked her wine glass.

Charles smirks, "well, first of all, I just want to commend how this guy performed earlier." He patted Dane's shoulder but he immediately shoved it away. Charles scoffs, "you guys are having so much fun here? What's the occasion?"

"It's an occasion that you're not a part of," Frank aggressively said to his face but Charles obviously didn't care. "Get your ass out of our table and don't bother us again."

"I'm not bothering you," he reasoned. "I'm just here to appreciate his talent. Give me a break, Frank. It's not always good to be so mad at anyone. I don't want your fist in my face again and that actually hurts but I'm forgiving you for that thing but I'll assure you, it's not the end," he grinned and warned.

He was about to stand up but Nora holds his hand, restraining him to do any kind of things against him. Just a few days on the ship, Charles made a lot of connections around and it's not hard for him to gain sympathy from other first-class people and they would side him because they know how good a person he is but a terrible person inside.

"What do you still want, Charles? And if there's nothing you need any more, you can go now because we're having fun and you're ruining it. And if you think you can fool anyone with your glorified personality, I'll just remind you that all of the people who you met will be on your side. Think of what you'll do before acting upon it, it's hard to convey lies when the truth was already on the surface leaning to slam you in the face."

"What?!" he disputed. "What are you saying, lady? Crazy." He said, shaking his head and leave their table.

They laugh when Charles finally leaves them, they tossed their wine glasses to each other and Clara was shocked when she found them gulping their drink at once. Her eyes widen, a little surprise but when they look at her, she knows it's her turn to do so. So he gulped her wine so hard, she even closes her eyes to finally emptying her glass.

"That's fun," Nora remarks. "But I'm gonna be back, I have to check my father on the other table, I'm gonna be back." Nora excuses herself. She stood up from her chair, smoothen her dress before she walks away.

When the three of them left, Dane and Clara's eyes landed on Frank in which he finds creepy.

"What's happening?" he asked.

"We know that you won't tell anything because she's around but now that we're alone, you can tell now what's the real deal between the two of you? Yeah, I know it's not the first you guys have seen each other earlier but through those hours you spent some time alone together, is there something we need to know now?" Dane asked, who's eager to know more than anyone.