Chapter 2

🚢

【Helping is an act of kindness】

🚢

"Welcome aboard, sir." As one of the ship crew greeted him as they headed to walk down the hallway where first-class people are residing. Soon as he found his designated room, he opens the door and gets in fast as he can.

The first-class rooms are very spacious, the furniture is elegant and branded. All things around are so classy, sophisticated and can really be enjoyed by wealthy person but a person like him, small thing matters the most than these expensive things surrounding him because, in every way all goods things come from the smallest things and it's what he looks in life, this kind of taste in wealth are the things that he worked hard and just a bonus thing he calls for. What he works for comes from a little thing. He just doesn't forget his roots.

As he put his luggage on the side, he heard a knock on the door and attended to see the person. As he opens the door, he sees his business partner from London who also joined the voyage of the ship.

"Good to see you settle down already, Mr. Hannoway."

"Oh, just call me, Dane. We're not on a business right now, so it doesn't have to be formal." He laughs to his remarks.

His business partner, Mr. Roberts chuckles, "Sure, Dane. We'll be having our lunch later at the restaurant, it's located on the B Deck near the Grand Staircase. If you can make it, we'll be there."

"Sure, sure. I'll be there, thanks for the invite."

"Of course, Mr. Hanno—sure, Dane." He laughs as he was leaving.

Dane closes the door and sit on the couch and take a deep breath. He's biting his nail as he took out a piece of box on his pocket and look at it. For a minute thinking so deep, it just brought a smile to him and made him very eager to get back on land, in New York to where his life belongs. He doesn't need to fix his things as the travel would only just take a few days until it arrived at the port of New York.

He stood up from the couch and look at himself in the mirror. Staring himself standing on a black suit, in which he thinks he doesn't need to wear but his business partners told him so he could easily distinguish as one of the first-class people. Dane doesn't think too much about the division and standards of living, as long as the people have their own lives to go to and have a purpose, that's what matters.

Dane struggles a lot to get where he is now, at the age of 23, he thinks what he has now are enough to get him on the life what he wanted to do. Life may still come a long way but he's achieving his goals now and heading on a right track, he knows what he's doing in this thing called life.

He checks every corner of his room. He was the only one who would occupy this grand premises. If he has a choice, he would just take the second class and he would be okay with it. It doesn't matter for him where he will sleep or stay, just to reach the destination what he cares for. He smiles every time he sees how glamorous and all elegant the things are but that wouldn't be enough. Material things are just the things that satisfy the wants but not the needs, it also comes with a price because things tend to get broken and sometimes fixing broken things doesn't define the quality it has before. So if a material person does that, they should look upon the best quality and not by what they have seen and attracted to their naked eyes.

He wanted to roam around the ship and check all the other premises. The lunch will be a few hours away and he could kill his time by taking himself around or going to the edge of the ship and see the ocean.