𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐨 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐭 || 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐨?

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 ~ 𝐒𝐤𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐲

Warning: Angst, Fluff, Death

Words: 1.0k

----------------------------------------

Life gives us a moment to live, to enjoy the opportunities we will receive.......

Only yet was things not planned when you meet that certain person, thinking you will spend the rest of your entire life with........even if death do us part.....

My body ran cold feeling my blood run like ice, my body frozen in place feeling like something was taken from my heart. That sinking feeling  left me empty, soulless. Shaking my head I try to step away, not wanting to believe the ghastly scene before me.

Why.......why you out of all people?

You promised me the life we would share for the years to come, even if war still rages on.

You were meant to be a team with Jean and I, but here you are.........taken from me.

His body lays with blood pooling around, with only half his corpse resting. His skin so pale and sickly, I couldn't hardly recognise my lover. Silent tears began to roll down, unable to fathom how and or what to feel before me.

Swallowing thickly all I could do was watch him lay lifeless, feeling like I'm gonna be sick.

"Oi (Y/N)......what's the probl--" Jean cuts himself off, before he appears beside me with wide eyes. His breath grew so shallow, I could hear the pain and anguish with how he spoke his name.

"M-Marco?" He wavers, unable to question how this even happened. "H-how, he was........always stronger than that......"

Tears blur my vision while trying my best not to choke on my silent sobs, tightening my fists while the stench of blood wafts around. Strands of hair falls in front of my eyes, caging my view from him but all I knew was.......he's not in this world.

He has been long gone, hours ago........

****𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐨****

Trailing out of the mess halls I went to go watch the sunset disappear for the moon to rise up tonight, feeling the warmth of the sun disappear. A smile drew across my lips, leaning against the fence post feeling the gentle breeze pick up.

In a few weeks, we will our choice in what our paths will be....

I wonder what path I shall take?

"Hey (N/N)!" I hear a familiar voice, only to see my boyfriend walking up to me with his most beaming and handsome smile.

"Marco.........was it too rowdy inside?" I question, nodding with my response his arms wraps around my waist pulling me to his chest admiring the mixtures of colours painting the sky before us.

"Yeah, just want to be with you right now," He hums, feeling him kiss the base of my neck tenderly.

We stood there looking around with the wind blowing gently, hearing him sigh deeply

"Listen (Y/N)....." he breaks the comfortable silence, resting his chin on my shoulder. 

"Hmm?"

"With everything that is happening now, I want you to know you're loved," He says, feeling my heartbeat in response. "I want you to know that I love you with all my own heart, and no one can change that.......with the path we choose in a few weeks......I want you to know you will still be mine."

Turning around I gaze up seeing his dusted freckles across his cheeks, his brown eyes gazing down to me. He leans forward resting his forehead against mine, cupping my face with both hands.

"If anything was to happen to me, I want you to know......that Jean will protect you no matter what," He continues, as a single stray tear rolls.

It was like he knew something would happen, even though our journey was only the beginning.

"M-Marco?"

He presses his lips against my plush ones, swallowing back my quiet sobs I wrap my arms around his neck pulling him down moving our lips together. My heart beat in sync with his touch, his hands resting firmly against my hips.

"I love you so much (Y/N), with everything of my own being I do," he admits. "I promise we will be together, forever....."

****𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭****

Tears blurring my vision while trying to holding back the tears, my hand cups my mouth trying to hold back my screams. My lips quiver in response, my body trembling trying my best to stay strong right now.

Swallow thickly, a heavy weight falls upon me.

"J-Jean......" I whimper, before the tears finally break falling down my cheeks. 

Standing up I walk over to Jean who stood there in utter shock, wrapping my arms tightly around him. My face buries into his chest, feeling him tense up for a moment until he carefully returns the comforting hug. He pulls me closer, his hand behind my head while the other around my waist resting his chin on top of my head.

"H-He was a great f-friend........a great boyfriend to you...." he croaks out, his voice cracking while trying to stay strong.

His breath shudders, trying to control his breathing.

"D-dammit, w-why?" I cry out, only for my cries to be muffled into his chest. 

His fingers run through my locks while stroking my back, trying to calm me down. Things weren't making sense, as I soak his chest with my tears. 

"I-I'm.......g-gonna miss h-him," I choke out, sniffling lightly.

He sighs deeply, rubbing my back while rocking me back and forth.

"I know same here, but at least he is safe somewhere else," he whispers in my hair, holding me so close. 

Suddenly anger builds in my chest pulling away from Jean, I turn to Marco.

"Y-you promised.......you promised you would be by my side!" I cry out, my voice strains in agony and anguish. "We were gonna get married once we've worked hard, grow old together......have children!!!! Why, why does it have to be you?!"

Suddenly Jean pulls me back into his arms away from his bloody corpse, as I try to thrash through his hold. The sudden feeling knowing the very person I gave everything too, is now gone from this world. Too soon.

My throat grew hoarse and dry, but all I could do was cry out for him. 

"You promised Marco, you promised!!!!"

Jean pulls me into his arms, leaning close to my ear.

"Come on," he whispers in my ear, reluctantly I follow to continue helping among the cadet corp clean up.

Why did you leave me? I don't know what I'm gonna do, without you?

-------------------------------------------

𝐀/𝐍: Thanks for reading, and I'm very sorry about how short this one is. Anyway stay safe, and have a great day or night

~ Little Bean

{6/3/22}