𝐑𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐧 || 𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞 ~ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝

Warning: Fluff, Feels

Words: 2.0k

-------------------------------------

Reiner's pov:

Things were different on Paradis Island sitting and waiting for our moment to strike, until Eren finally revealed his true form. But all I wanted was to return home, and see her. (Y/N) (L/N). She isn't a titan shifter, but only a soldier in Marley. Her smiles always cured me, before I even sleep after my sleepless nights. She was the only person I could rely on closely, as my mother took her in not long after I left seen her only parent and mother passed from an Illness. But yet she held a smile so bright, it would make my heart swell.

"Reiner, are you okay?" Bertholdt questions me, as it was a quiet night only to hear laughter and shouting in the mess Hall. Something I enjoy, distracting me from my real mission.

"Yeah," I lean my head against the stone beam beside me. My arms fold comfortably, feeling the stone emit a cold sensation against my warm skin. I close my eyes, taking in a deep breathe in and out calming my senses.

"You miss her, don't you?" he assumes, realising whom I was speaking about. I open my eyes slowly, turning to him. "She's important to you, right? Focus on going home, once you know what we have to do."

Lowering my eyes I didn't know where I stood but growing and living with these people, made me feel like i was also apart of their lives. Someone important, an older brother. "Yeah I know, it's hard," i breathe out, pinching the bridge of my nose. "I just hope she's okay in the military."

"She will be fine Reiner, she's a true fighter," Bertholdt assures me, as I nod in response.

"You're right, I shouldn't be sulking," I shook my head, before walking back to the mess halls to grab a drink. "We're warriors Bertholdt, we will make it back."

{Meanwhile in Marley}

***************************

Your pov:

"Come on (Y/N), dinner is ready," I hear Pieck call, walking out to me. "Hey.... you don't look well, you're a bit pale......."

I smile gently, "i'm fine Pieck, just a bit warm," i reply, as she walks carefully to my side. 

"I'm sorry about what Porco said earlier, he was out of line before," She apologises for him, when I shook my head.

"Hey it's fine, it's true..........I'm in love with an idiot," i chuckle under my breathe. "But......aren't we all idiots and fools in the end? Sometimes I wonder.......what nation are we even fighting for these days..."

"(Y/N)...." Pieck places a hand on my shoulder. Turning to her I saw concern in her brown orbs, ".....all we have is each other, he will come back. I promise you, he will return and you will tell him how you feel okay?"

"I know it's a few years already, but how long do we have to wait?" I question, feeling the winds pick up blowing my hair gently. My eyes remain over to the ocean not far from where we are staying at, the soft scent of the salty ocean remains around. "I wonder how much he's changed though, has he changed personality wise........his outward appearance.........would he still accept me as hi--"

"(Y/N), you're just rambling on now......please come eat, okay?" She pulls me to the dining room not far from where we are, as I sigh deeply. 

"I'm sorry, I just worry alot," I chuckle half-heartedly.