𝐁𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐭 𝐇𝐨𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 | 𝐄𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐏𝐭.𝟐

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐈𝐝𝐟𝐜~ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐫 (𝐓𝐢𝐤 𝐭𝐨𝐤 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐱)

Warning: Angst, Feels, Fluff (MANGA SPOILERS)

Words: 1.7k

--------------------------------------

During the long battle with Reiner and Bertholdt, as Reiner was managed to be almost defeated. Bertholdt managed to transform causing most of Shiganshina district to burn, after he made a speech to us knowing full well he intends to kill us even if we were comrades. But.........his betrayal felt off to me, but I knew full well I had to serve my country.

"Armin!" I cry out, as the burn hot steam rushes during the plan his diverted before. I could feel the hot steam against my skin, but Armin was in full contact with the steam being scorched.

"Not yet!" he yells out, as I knew I had to do something. Soon it was Eren and my turn to do our part to this, and as Bertholdt finally was at his limit with his steam Eren finishes with sealing the wall with his hardening ability faking his infirmity from before. We both charge up with our blades, flying down we slice our blades pulling out Bertholdt as Eren grabs hold of him before me with his arms and legs chopped off. 

"I'm sorry," i whisper.

{TimeSkip}

*********************

Armin's body was burnt so badly that we all thought he died, but soon after he still heard him slightly breathing. This caused Eren to use the titan serum on Armin, so he could stay alive. Whats more, we had the power of the colossal......meaning.......taking Bertholdt's own life for the sake of humanity. 

Tears were rushing down unable to say anything but watch Eren fighting over if Erwin or Armin get the titan serum. All this......i didn't ask for this, not at all. My body was trembling to the body it hurts, and suddenly Mikasa began to try and attack Captain Levi whom was in charge of holding the serum. 

"Shut up!" I shout, as I shake my head feeling Jean pulling me back. "Please? Don't kill h-him..........I c-can't...." 

"No personal feelings (L/N), but we have too!" Levi snaps at me, as my eyes widen before my body gives up as Jean holds me.

"B-But...."

"Now all of you go," he ushers us, before Jean flies me off to the next roof. I took one more glance to Bertholdt as tears blur my vision, as we head over to the next roof.

*************

Suddenly we hear a noise seeing a titan  the size of a house reach over to Bertholdt, as I realise Captain chose Armin in the end. We saw Bertholdt's body being lifted up as my eyes widen in horror, as he struggles in the titan's gri before locking eyes with us.

"Guys! Help me! Annie! Reiner! (Y/N)!!!!" he screams out, before Armin bites his head causing my heart to snap. My breathes began to waver heavily, I couldn't.....I couldn't feel anything. Why do I feel so..........guilty?

"B-Bertholdt," I whimper out, as I bury my face into Jean's chest. "Why? Why did it have to be like this?"

{Four years later}

***********************

There I stood with Jean and Falco as Falco had his gun pressed against Yelena's head, and even Onyankopon. Jean and I had a plan to escape with Onayankopn and Yelena, as we needed to fire off a signal for Armin and Connie and the others to flee. This was a very risky job, but Jean and I had to do it. 

Suddenly Onyankopon shouts, "Staying alive just to grovel to you lost is not worth it!" He yells. "You understand how absurd it is to just be indiscrimately murdered don't you?! You all people should understand!!! Say something!"