𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐨 || 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 ~ 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐬 (𝐒𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝)

(Requested by Condedicadi)

Warning: Fluff, Anxiety

Words: 1.1k

---------------------------------------------

This war......

This never ending war isn't gonna end any time now......

Even though we formed an alliance with Yelena's crew and the Azumbito clan, things were still overwhelming and distrustful. Having extreme anxiety to overwhelming feelings, I've never felt exactly happy nor comfortable where I am. Yet only when we formed an alliance, we managed to unlock new chances of new food and varieties than just plain bread and plain wine.

That's when I met him. Niccolo.....A Marleyan.

During the current situation I kept quiet to myself, but I never knew he had eyes on me. I've always been careful with how much I eat, and I made sure I ate everything I was given. Yet the food has been so good, I couldn't help myself but enjoy the taste and the very man who cooked and prepared most of our meals.

Pacing back and forth I try to calm down after having a complete big meeting on think of infiltrating Marley quietly, and discreetly and lay low for a few days or months. More and more time goes by, while I tried training to take my mind off things and away from everyone. 

He had a weird personality, showing his hatred for us Eldian's.

Only when he looks at me my cheeks would burn under his softened gaze, with my heart racing a million miles an hour. Not long after we began to grow closer, and talked more and grew to an understanding between one another.

***********

"Oi, (Y/N)!!!!!!" Sasha calls out to me, rushing to my side while I was practicing with my firing techniques. 

My head perks up taking my index fingers from the trigger, gently placing it down.

"Sasha?"

She finally makes it panting heavily before sitting on the hay bale, leaning back in the exhausting heat. 

"Oh........I'm bored, entertain me," She pants, while I look at her deadpanned.

"Really?"

Resuming back to my gun firing I shook my head, the explosion echoes into thin air all around. Things have quieten down not knowing a certain chef was sitting behind me as well, after a few more minutes of pure concentration.

Everything is gonna be okay (Y/N), just focus on training.....

My mind wasn't at ease and everytime i fired, my hand slightly trembles and makes me direct the bullet to the side of where I tried aiming. Many things were filling up my head, as I try to aim by closing one eye. Inhaling slowly, my body still trembles as I fire missing the target.

Frustration is all I felt there and then, placing the rifle down and stormed away not even noticing Niccolo.

************************

"Now the plan to infiltrate Marley right now, is to where their clothes and behave like them," Hanji begins to explain the plan, while I stood behind the group. 

She continues to talk about it, while I soak it all only to feeling my heart rate to pick up. Their voices grew distant, muffled even feeling completely not in their world but my own.

My body turns icy cold and then warm for a moment, rubbing my arms subconsciously.

"(Y/N)..."

Why do we have to provoke the Marleyan's?

"(Y/N)....!"

I might stuff up this mission, because of my stupid overthinking mind!

Hands shook my shoulders finding myself snapping back to reality, finding Jean standing in front of me looking at me in concern. "(Y/N)........are you with us?" He questions, worried and concern lacing in his tone.

I blink a few times, nodding.

"U-Uh.....y-yeah," I mutter, scratching my cheek sheepishly feeling bad for not focusing enough.

"Are you gonna come with us, or follow with Hanji?" Captain Levi questions, sternly. His icy stare directly at me, made me feel excluded from the group just now."Most of us will head over to the land, so we want to know where your place is?"

Staring slightly wide eyed, I swallow thickly tapping my foot vigorously against the floor.

"Um.......I will come with you, C-Captain...." I reply, without a second thought I quickly left the room. Swiftly walking down the hallway silent tears began to roll down, from the intensity of my anxiety attack my arms wrap around myself trying to contain my cries. 

This is so friggin pathetic of me, I'm just worthless.

Making my way outside at night time, the cool breeze blows gently calming down my heated face. My nerves slowly calmed down, but my thoughts weren't as positive nor convincing that there was completely nothing wrong in the matter.

Stepping out I bask the moonlight that shone down, feeling the tears roll down freely in relief I was alone. Taking a huge deep breath in, I sense someone behind me. Turning around slightly my eyes slightly widen before seeing him, walking through the door.

"Niccolo?" 

He held concern in his eyes, walking over to me before I felt him tower over me.

He cups my face ever so gently feeling his thumbs wiping away the stray tears, leaning forward kissing my temple. "I hate seeing you like this," he whispers deeply, my arms slowly wrapping around him. 

Around my boyfriend.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want my problems to be yours," I muffle into his chest, holding him more tightly afraid for him to leave me.

He begins to rub my back soothingly and slowly while exhaling deeply, "We both are facing the same problem, but your anxiety isn't healing," He says, pulling away he looks into my eyes. His honey eyes felt comforting, and just feeling his warmth calmed me down a little. "I feel so helpless not to help with your anxiety, how stressed you can be.......you overthink so much, it has gotten to you."

"I-I'm sorry," I choke on my quiet sobs, when he pecks my nose tenderly.

My eyes lift slightly to see him smiling softly.

"Stop being so sorry, I'm here.......okay," he pulls me back into a hug, not realising Jean, Connie and Sasha was standing at the door for a moment and left discreetly. 

Tears well up again looking up to him, before releasing dampening his shirt.

"I love you (Y/N), with all my heart........and I want you to feel like you're not alone in this," he whispers. "Your past has been so hard on you, it's why you have anxiety.......you're stressed to the point where you think of the worst possibilities. Right now, I want you to rest in my arms and know you're in the arms of someone who supports you with everything he has......okay?"

Nodding slowly I felt him press a tender kiss to my hair, rubbing my back in comfort.

"I've got you baby girl, and I will do anything in my power to make sure you live," He whispers, his voice slightly breaking in response. 

"I-I love you......Niccolo......thank you," I whimper, clinging to his shirt tightly sniffling.

He chuckles gently.

"And I love you too,"

------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys, sorry this wasn't really planned or thought out. I wasn't entirely sure how to make the scenes up or how to make it a longer story. Yet I'm so glad to be receiving more requests, it's been a while! Take care everyone!

~ Little Bean