𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐨 || 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 ~ 𝐉𝐚𝐲𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠

(This isn't a Sasha x Niccolo, but I ship the two together. This is just you and Niccolo, as he imagines that he lost his best friend instead of lover. You are someone that he slowly forms a relationship with you, so no hate comments on this please? ~ Little Bean)

Warning: Slight angst, feels, cuteness

Words: 1.5k

------------------------------

"Sasha hold up!!!" I call, as she bolts for the restaurant.

"I know, but Niccolo's cooking is amazing!!" She exclaims, drooling down to her chin. I chuckle softly running up to her, leaving Connie and Jean walking slowly behind us two. 

"I see how it is, (Y/N)!" Jean calls out, with a smirk. "You can't wait to see Niccolo, is that it?"

"W-What? I'm hungry, that's all," i stammer, as we all walk in being assigned to our seats where our rank was allowed to eat. We all sat down looking at a menu which was something new, seeing the Anti-Marleyan's decided to form an alliance with us.

While looking I hear someone walking up to us I look up only to feel my cheeks grow warmer, as I quickly look away. "Oh it's you guys," Niccolo mutters, knowing he is gesturing to Connie and Jean mostly.

"Hey Niccolo, what good food do you have today?!" Sasha exclaims, as I look up to see him smile towards her.

"Well we do have a few meals today, so it won't be long," He assures her, when he turns to me. His eyes widen as I saw pink dust his cheeks, before he shakes his head running his fingers through his hair roughly. "Won't be long."

With that he left quickly, "Oh I get it, he gets to be friendly with the girls and not us," Connie mumbles, folding his arms making me stuck my tongue out.

"Maybe he treats women with more respect," I giggle, as we continue to wait until our meal was finally here. Once Niccolo exchanges another glance towards me, my face went bright red again looking away. 

"Enjoy your meal," he says, before leaving. After a while seeing Sasha dig in, the boys were looking at each other with sly smirks.

"Looks like our girl has fallen for the Marleyan chef?" Jean winks, making me puff my cheeks.

"S-Shut up, I'm not falling for him," I look the other way, as the two knuckleheads laugh eating along with Sasha.

{TimeSkip}

*********************

The night grew darker and cold as I couldn't barely sleep, so I swing my feet to the side of my bed and start walking out. It was roughly eleven at night, and my body just didn't want to fall asleep. I slip on some boots and my coat, before heading out for a walk.

Heading out I decide to take a brisk walk along the edge of Trost as this was our place to stay for the time being, seeing the river nearby. I stood there looking down seeing the moon reflect upon the water, seeing small ripples. Out of nowhere I lift my head up feeling someone's presence behind, as I turn to see Niccolo.

"Niccolo! W-what are you doing out here, at this time?!" I exclaim, as he scratches the back of his neck.

"Out for a walk, what are you doing out here?" he questions, narrowing his eyes.

"Couldn't sleep, so I like to go for night walks," i reply, looking away from him and back to the water. I could hear him walk up to me, hearing him clear his throat. "Anyway.....shouldn't you be insulting me, I am an Eldian.....I'm disturbing you, right?"

"N-No.....you're not, I just saw you by yourself.....and...I um.." He stammers, clearing his throat again. "...wanted to check on you."

"You wanted to check on me?"

"W-well y-yeah, pretty pathetic for a Marleyan," he mumbles, but I shook my head.

"It's not, I think it's sweet," i reply, looking up our eyes lock. The way he was looking into my own eyes, made my heart flutter. I can't believe I have fallen for a Marleyan, and I don't regret one bit of it.

"Sweet? Wouldn't you think it's creepy?"

"N-no.....I think it's nice for a change," I reply, leaning against the brick wall nearby. "I guess......it's nice to know an enemy cares at least, I mean.....you haven't done anything wrong in the matter."

"Why are you so nice to me, I know your friend Sasha loves my food and she kind......but you," he began, as I turn to him. "You seem to have something about you that makes me.....want you. Like Something I want, that I cannot have."

"What do you mean?"

N-nothing," he mutters, avoiding eye contact.

"Niccolo........it's fine," I assure him, giving him a warm smile. "I feel the same to be honest, I don't know why......but I think you're different to any other Marleyan out there. I think of you more than an enemy, more than a friend......I guess it's a feeling I can't control."

Out of nowhere I felt his hand in my mine as i gasp in shock looking up into his deep eyes, "(Y/N)..............I know we are enemies, but over time......every time you walk by, enjoy my food, talk to me, always open to listen......my heart is melting more for you," He began, as my heart begins to beat rapidly.

"Niccolo....."

"I know I'm a Marleyan and you would be disgusted.....but I have fallen in love with you," He breathes out, seeing his eyes held firm. Deep down, I knew he was telling the truth. 

"I guess it's not one-sided,"  

"What?"

"I have been having the same feeling, I am in love with you too," I confess, seeing a single tear roll down his cheek.I guess he never felt loved in his life, seeing the emptiness he was suffering with. "No matter what race you are, no matter what you have done in the past.......I will always love you. You make me feel safe, you make me feel something inside. I thought you would be disgusted to fall in love with an Eldian?"

"Dammit, you're different," he says sternly, as he pulls me closer. "You care more about me than yourself, and I thought no one would love me as a Marleyan."

I then reach my hand up to cup his cheek gently, "Well I guess I can be the first one to officially meet the true Niccolo," I smile, wiping away his light tears feeling him lean into my touch. "You're not alone, I promise you."

Our faces were just inches apart with our noses touching, I could feel him breathing nervously. "C-Can I kiss you?" he asks me, looking down into my eyes. His breathe mixes with mine, as he warms me up with his arms.

"You may,"

He leans down capturing my lips ever so gently, feeling a small spark explode between us. We slowly began to move in sync, his hand cupping my cheek while the other wraps around my waist and settles there. We then pull away briefly our lips still a few centimetres away, my cheeks growing warm. His eyes were in half-lidded before kissing me with more passion, feeling his hands pull me closer as our kiss grew more steamy. After a while we pull away, as he pulls me to his chest holding me close.

"Thank you so much....." he whispers, feeling his body shaking in our embrace. "....I haven't felt loved, for along time. Thank you, for just being yourself."

"As long as you're beside me, you will always feel loved," I say, pulling away I look into his eyes deeply.

"Can.....Can we be together?"

"I don't see why not," I chuckle, with him chuckling along with me. 

"Well if it is okay, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes, I would like that," I smile, embracing him tightly enjoying this new and warm feeling.

--------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys, so what did you think? I love Niccolo so much for some reason, and I ship him with Sasha so hard. Anyway if you like more Niccolo, please tell me your own thoughts. Anyway have a great day or night 

~ Little Bean