'𝐀𝐔'𝐑𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐧 || 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐍𝐚𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐌𝐞 ~ 𝐇𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲

Warning: Angst, feels, abuse, mentions of sexual assault

('Cheater' Reiner x Reader)

Words: 1.8k

--------------------------

You give everything to someone, expecting something come out of it........

Yet it was all you, putting all the effort and time when that someone doesn't care.......

A relationship that wasn't perfect, enduring the pain you never knew you thought you would endure. Trying to keep them happy, putting their needs first, putting too much trust and care into that relationship. Whether it's family, a love interest, friendship......you stilled tried even when you received a broken heart............yet you're held back by the person taking the life from you. Draining you, til you lose that shine......

This was reality........

*

*

*

The shattered glass sprawls across the timber floor, as I entered the living room. My eyes falls upon the mess, realising it was my favourite vase given from a friend. The (F/C) pieces reflected in the dim light, making my way to the kitchen to get a brush and shovel to clean it up. I wonder what was going through his mind earlier? Didn't sleep well?

Bending down I slowly swept the pieces, hearing the sounds scraping against each other.

A heavy sigh draws from my lips, before finally gathering everything together. Heading back I open the bin with the leaver at the bottom with my foot, I allow the glass to fall in. Tiredness creeps in, while I yawn quietly.

"He should be coming home soon," I mumble to myself, as my boyfriend always worked early til late. 

My head was already throbbing, work wasn't great.

Putting away the brush and shovel I make my way to my shared ensuite connecting with our shared room, needing a hot shower to burn away the terrible comments I get from work. How too kind I am, how naive I can be and how easy I can be controlled. I didn't want to listen, nor want to let their words creep in.

Turning the shower on I allow it to adjust to the temperature, while I strip down slowly feeling pathetic already.

Placing my hand beneath the hot water, I step in slowly adjusting to the painful hot feeling running down my bare body. Closing my eyes, I felt tears flowing down with the water. Allowing to let everything out, the pain intensifying against my skin but mostly within my heart. The water flows down, taking in everything.

After a while feeling the pain against my skin, I turn it off after cleaning myself hearing someone coming in. Slowly I dry and dress myself, slipping on slippers making my way down to the kitchen. Finally arriving in the kitchen, he looked pissed.

"Welcome back, how's work?"

His eyes flicker up to mine realising there was no ounce of love, before he scoffs. "Fine, what are you standing there for? Make dinner!"

I flinch with his tone, while he storms right past me with his shoulder roughly pushing my aside.

How should I respond? Cook like he asked? Or snap back, and stand up?

"Thought we could decide what we wanted together?" I suggest, turning to see him pause in his steps. "I'm getting sick of cooking something, you won't eat.......so why don't you tell me?"