𝐁𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐭 𝐇𝐨𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 | 𝐄𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐏𝐭.𝟏

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐈𝐝𝐟𝐜~ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐫  (𝐓𝐢𝐤 𝐭𝐨𝐤 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐱)

Warning: Angst, Feels, Fluff

Words: 2.1k

---------------------------------

The stars lit up the night sky like an ocean of light, brightening the darkening night. Many say they would think that every new star was someone that passed away, adding more brightness to the sky to guide us even our darkest times. Like we were blind to everything, but them up there.....they know everything. They know the truth, or whats happening all around because they are all there. Picturing my mother, and father up there is enough to give me the comfort, but then again I made a new family ever since I joined the 104th cadet regiment.

Then there is boy whom I fell in love with, but why would I start loving someone when we're meant to become soldiers? Maybe I need something to fight for, or even something to ground me before I break.

"It's brighter than last time," Bertholdt comments, as I hum.

"Yeah," bringing my knees to my chest, as we sat on the roof of one of the training buildings. "Like a sea of light, so bright you can see where ever you go. Very cliche I know, but.......it's nice to have a peaceful night than chaos."

"That is true," he comments. 

"So....my question for you is....what are you fighting for?" I question him, a smile curling upon my lips turning to the soft giant.

His face tenses in response before softening scratching the back of his neck, "U-um.....well.....someone," he stammers, cheeks reddening under the moonlight.

"Someone?" I raise a teasing eyebrow, not realising he put that as a cover up for the real reason.

"Y-yeah......I just wanna go back to my hometown," he replies, his voice wavering shyly. "W-What about you? Anyone?"

"Well I didn't at first........but then i started the 104th cadet corps.....and found someone worth fighting for," I smile, staring up to the stars. "They give me hope, and I feel so calm that I don't have to worry. That person is you..........thank you Bertholdt for being there for me when I needed you for training......on missions....thank you."

His eyes widen, "(Y/N)," he breathes out in shock.

"You don't have to return any same feelings, but I wanted you to know you make me wake up ready to take the titans down," I smile, seeing his eyes widen before seeing a single tear roll down. "Huh? Whats the matter, did I say something wrong? I'm so--"

"No! No it's not that......it's......it's difficult to explain," he firmly says, as my eyes widen seeing he lean closer to me. "But........you are....also that someone too....."

My mouth slightly gapes open in shock when he leans down to my smaller form and presses a tender kiss to my forehead, feeling my cheeks burn in response with his gentle touch. "B-Bertholdt....." I whisper in shock.

"Three whole years of training and working side by side, finally I can tell you," he laughs nervously, scratching the back of his neck. "So..........you going to sign up for the scouts?"

My smile looks more goofier in response knowing I could be myself more around him, "Yeah I am, you?" I ask.

"Yeah, I mean it's for the best.......more people out there the less the titans will be," he smiles gently, as he interlaces his fingers with mine. "With you........I think I handle it easier."

"Same,"

{TimeSkip}

******************

"Dammit you got injured," Bertholdt hisses, as he bends down beside the infirmary bed while cleaning the blood away from my forehead.