32

When I was done, Jungkook was left in tears. As if he could feel the agony I had to go through in my past, desolated sobs racked his body while he tried to regulate his breathing in order to speak.

"Tia..." His attempt to form words failed miserably as only a ragged wheeze escaped his lips.

Nibbling my lips to prevent myself from wailing my heart out, I sniffed pondering on what to say to him however my throat clogged leaving both of us in a similar situation.

"I wish I could protect you, I wish I could change your past and erase all of your pain," Jungkook finally mustered out the words he was meaning to tell.

"I am so sorry you had to go through that hell" he enveloped me in his arms and resting his head on my shoulder he bewailed.

My heart ached to witness him break down in front of me. He had always been a ray of sunshine in my life and knowing that I was the reason why the dark clouds were cast upon him made me feel depressed.

"It's not your fault," I said fondling his soft hair as he cried holding both sides of my shoulder to support himself.

It hadn't been much since we knew each other, maybe around four months but the way he cared for me reminded me of Jimin. Since day one, Jungkook had been nothing but kind and considerate to me just like how Jimin was before. However, this was the exact reason that made me worry as well since I didn't want him to change and abandon me just like Jimin did.

For around half an hour we cried and shared our sorrow and after that, we chatted about random stuff like our likes and dislikes, our hobbies as well as our first love to lighten up the mood a bit.

"I saw her in a school fair, she was wearing a maid costume, and my god she was the most gorgeous girl I had ever laid my eyes on. I could tell that she was a popular girl..." he let out a small chuckle getting lost in the thought of his first love "...Or should I say a girl with high standards? Plus she had a bit of attitude problem but I guess it came with the popularity" Jungkook joked as I giggled listening to him.

"Sounds like you fell in love with a brat " I gasped trying to imagine the girl he was describing.

"I used to be very shy around girls, some even said I had phobia so even if she would approach me I would run away " He looked embarrassed as he gave me a sneak peek into his teenage life.

I could literally imagine baby Jungkook with flushed cheeks gawking at a gorgeous snobby girl in a Maid costume.

"I used to be called the emo kid, wearing all black trying to act mature than of my age" I tittered covering my mouth trying not to embarrass him more.

"What about you?" the spotlight was now shifted to me.

"Who was your first love?" As soon as he dropped the question the glee in my face perished and my expression darkened conveying everything at once.

"He was your first love?" he spoke and I confirmed it with a bob of my head.

"I really loved him a lot," I revealed and my heart twisted in every possible way.

"There hasn't been a moment in my life where I haven't wished things to be different."
I had my head lowered down in shame as I confessed how I loved the man who mercilessly butchered my friends and family.

"If only he would have trusted me and told me the truth, we could have avoided the disaster from happening. My friends and family would have been alive, and maybe we would have built our own home with us and our child"

It was such a stupid thing to do but still, sometimes I would imagine how my life would have been if Taehyung was a normal guy just like I thought he was. Maybe even if he was a sociopath, I would have learned to live and learned to tolerate him as long as he wouldn't hurt the people I loved. I would have helped him overcome his darkness. Though not perfect, we would have been a happy couple.

So many would have and only if that were buried by the harsh reality that my wishful thinking could never come true. My family was already dead, I no longer had the companionship of my best friends, and the only person I loved who was alive, left me not being able to handle my growing insanity.

Jungkook clasped our hands together and I raised my head to look directly into his eyes. His gaze was heartwarming. Just the way he was looking at me with admiration unleashed the zoo within me.

"Let's forget the past and hope for a better future" he snuggled closer to me and peck the crown of my head.

Time seemed to stop for us as we relish in each other's tender hug. I truly felt protected in his presence as if the evil spirit that was trying to hunt me could never reach me.

"I don't know what our future holds, heck I don't even know if I will still be able to hold you like this but I want you to know that you are the first girl to hold my heart and will be the only girl to have it forever" My eyes grew bigger at his word and suddenly the memory of my fifteen-year-old self dressed as a maid in our annual school fair flashed on my mind.

I was fuming the whole time for being forced to do such an embarrassing job and had ended up kicking out any guy who would try to flirt. To be honest, I used to be a brat as well since my father and brother had spoiled me since my childhood.

"Jungkook... you"

"Let's not talk about it, I know you don't remember me so let's just drop it" he cleared his throat and suggested.

"You recognized me?" I was left stunned realizing he knew me even before we began to talk.

"Of course, you haven't changed a bit actually, minus the attitude. Why do you think I sat beside you and asked you for coffee? I was trying to win you over since the start" he revealed as I remained speechless.

"Call it luck, fate, coincidence, or plan of the unknown, the moment I saw you again I knew that I wasn't going to let you go, not this time" I gulped at his words, fighting the butterflies fluttering in my chest.

Jungkook then slowly took my hand and placed it over his heart. I could feel it thumping out loud as I gazed at his face, noticing how perfectly symmetrical his features were.

He was gorgeous.

"This is what you do to me" he erased the remaining distance between us and now we were laying in the bed with our noses touching and our breath fanning each other's faces.

I gulped as my nervousness hiked up. It was so hard to tame my heart that was going wild because of the warmth radiation off his body. The moment seemed almost magical as he slowly leaned toward me, his orbs fixed on my lips.

"I am in love with you Tia, madly and deeply" and our lips met, lighting up the firecracker all over my body and just like the rocket, my mind blew out of the space only where he and I existed and mattered.

****