17

The breakfast was awkward, Jungkook was sitting beside me while evidently fuming Jimin in front of us as we dined in complete silence. None of us bothered to initiate any kind of conversation or bother address why I was cuddling with Jungkook in the bed we shared when Jimin arrived home in the morning.

Unlike Jungkook, Jimin happened to see my text only in the morning and had to rush like a maniac to reach my apartment only to find me another man therefore it was understandable why he was radiating hostility but I was truly hoping he would understand the situation we were in.

Following the breakfast, Jungkook took his leave, however, Jimin showed no sign of starting a conversation or interacting with me. In fact, he didn't even bother asking what had happened? Why had I sent the help message?

It was like we were having a competition on who could remain silent for the longest and even when our silence stretched out for hours neither of our lips twitched.

As the sun began to shy away from the sky, I found Jimin prepared for the night out dressed up in tight leather pants and a leather jacket embroidered with crystals which immediately made me break my resolution to remain mute.

"You are leaving?" no doubt my voice conveyed my distress to perfection.

"Hmm," he hummed as a response which got me agitated.

"Leaving me alone" I spat with bitterness laced in my tone.

Every night has become a battleground that I had to survive through and every second in solitary was a threat to my life and yet he was discarding me for a night out when I was going through such traumatic experiences.

"Yeah and I hope at least for the night you won't be freaking out unnecessarily" the sharpness in his voice pricked my chest but my lips remained sealed, stunned at his attitude.

"Anyways if something happens, you have that guy to babysit you for sure" he sneered under his breath and I gasped in exasperation.

"What did you just say?" I dared him to repeat his word one more time with narrowed eyes, my anger had reached its boiling point and the only thing stopping me from throwing things at him was my barely hanging morals.

"If anything happens, call your new toy" Jimin retorted with no shame, directly looking into my eyes.

My lips quivered feeling insulted. I couldn't believe he was misbehaving with me because of something I had no power over.

If I wouldn't text Jungkook and he wouldn't have arrived god knows what would have happened to me but instead of trying to understand what led me to be in such a situation with Jungkook, he was venting his anger upon me.

Jimin snatched his leather jacket from the couch and hastened to get out of the apartment when I grabbed his wrist and he stopped in his track.

At once my rage was replaced by despair while I searched his eyes for the answers to his curt behaviour. He was no longer the Jimin I knew and cared for. There was so much hostility reflecting in his eyes that made me question if I truly knew him.

"What happened to you Jimin?" my voice cracked.

Jimin had always been caring and understanding to me.No matter what the circumstances might be he had never raised his voice at me but then there was never another guy involved in the equation.

Jimin lowered his head avoiding my hurt yet prying glance.

"I thought we were beginning our new life here," I choked on my unshed tears requesting him to answer me.

Right now I was hating the existence of Jeon Jungkook. Why did he have to kiss me and make things complicated? Why did I even have to meet him and mix up my emotions? I was completely fine with just Jimin in my life but now everything was crumbling down.

"I thought the same too until you went smooching that guy in public" Jimin yanked his hand back then dashed out of the apartment with a loud slam of the door leaving me vulnerable and defenceless.

****

DO comment your thoughts!!!!!!