5

The back portion of the class was almost empty, also some few of the seats in the front rows but seeing the guy choosing to sit beside me made me wonder if my hoodie had a hand on it?

I immediately bobbed my head and shifted all of my stuff to clear some space for him. I migrated as far as possible then lowered my face to hide my embarrassment.

Strangers made me nervous especially if it was a guy and seemingly perfect. Whenever I thought of perfection, a sickening feeling filled my guts making me want to throw up. I hated it specifically when it is just a facet people bore to hide their true dark self.

Perfection was a myth that I used to blindly believe a few years ago and later had to pay a hefty price for.

"Do you have a spare pen?" the guy whispered breaking my internal monologue.

I refocused my orb towards him and gave him one of my pens then began indulging in the lecture disregarding the guy beside me even when his presence was kind of bugging my conscience.

I noticed the guy beside me stealing glances at me every minute or two, sometimes even stared for longer until I would catch him which would result in him snapping his head back to the professor, clearing his throat with blush tinting his cheeks.

In past, I used to be considered visually stunning,  I had perfectly proportioned features, plump lips, and light brown eyes that guys would call dreamy. I had wavy hair that reached to my hips however now I was reduced to skin and bones, my cheeks shrunken and with dark circles surrounding my once bright eyes, my hair chopped short just past my chin so the reaction the guy beside me was giving had honestly shocked me. He seemed truly taken back by my appearance and he wasn't even making an effort to hide it which I found rather amusing given that he was truly a gorgeous guy.

After what felt like an eternity the lectures finally ended and I was already mentally exhausted. I spun around to ask back my pen but the guy was already surrounded by his peers so I quietly slipped out of the other side since I didn't want to disturb him and his acquaintances.

I went to the subsequent lecture class accompanied by my new friend and after another long lecture, I was officially drained out of my energy.

"I am so hungry, should we go to the cafeteria?" Charlotte suggested as we exited from the second lecture of the day.

Since hunger was knocking on my door as well I agreed and allowed her to lead the way. While I was seated with my lunch, I texted Jimin about my classes then began listening to Charlotte gushing about the guy who had sat beside me in the first lecture.

Supposedly, he was in the second semester like Charlotte and was the heartthrob of the university known to be impenetrable. Due to his unapproachable persona, there were numerous rumours about him for example, he had a secret wife, he was gay and some to the extent that he was actually a vampire waiting for his one true love.

None of them was the truth of course and the more I listened the more I pitied the guy who had become victim to people's wildest imagination and fantasy based on their own theory.

"I can't believe this" Charlotte mentioned out of the blue staring at a far distance and when I followed her gaze, I noticed the same guy heading towards us again.

"Hey" he greeted both of us halting right in front of our table and we both responded with a squeak.

After hearing so much about the guy and his glorious perception, I felt overwhelmed by his presence as if he was a world star not just my senior.

"I am so sorry, I was about to return back your pen but you were already gone" He exclaimed appearing slightly distressed.

"and now I lost it" He gave me a sorry look clearly guilty for his carelessness so I quickly waved my hand whispering it was fine.

"It's not a big deal" I ensured praying for this conversation to end as soon as possible so that I could breathe in peace.

His aura brought me unbearable suffocation. Maybe it was because of the attention of the crowd that moved along with him as though he was the centre of the world. Plus knowing at this point our interactions were monitored by hundreds of eyes made me anxious as well.

"Can I buy you a cup of coffee instead?" He offered and I freaked out from inside in surprise and so did strangers around us who were concentrating on us rather than their lunch.

In the past three years, I had grown to be so dubious and distrustful of any individual besides Jimin that I would turn down any chance of forming a new bond or friendship unless it was unavoidable, however, he was adamant.

While I was hesitant to accept his request, Charlotte looked shocked as though she was seeing pigs flying in the air.

"It's okay, you don't have to" I forced out a smile and this time her look of disbelief was directed upon me.

However, the guy was more persistent than I could have imagined him to be and eventually I had to give in to his request.