24

(Past)

Everyone's heads were hanging low as the dark perfectly polished coffin was slowly put down to its final destination, underneath the ground. All dressed in black, Eunwoo's mother was wailing her eyes out while her husband was attempting to give her some form of solace. The magnitude of despair in her eyes was so enormous that it even consumed me as a whole.

I shut my eyes close letting more tears escape while Taehyung cradled me against his chest slowly soothingly rubbing my back.

The entire event was placid and painfully slow but the thing that hit me the most was the lack of empathy in his father's eyes. I knew he didn't have a close bond with his son but I never expected him to be so unaffected by his child's demise.

Disgust flooded my gut and looking up to Taehyung I requested him to take me away because I felt suffocated. At that moment all I could think was about Jisoo. Traumatized by the news of Eunwoo's death, she wasn't even able to attend his funeral.

Taehyung quickly complied with my request and as we were retracing our steps toward Taehyung's car, a familiar voice called me out making me halt on my track.

I turned around to find Jimin in a black suit jogging his way toward me.

"Hey" he breathed out halting right before me.

"I will be waiting in the car," Taehyung announced in a deadpan voice then placing a soft kiss on my head, he climbed into the car giving me some privacy.

"Are you all fine?" Jimin's voice was filled with tenderness as he inquired me about my well-being. I opened my mouth to respond but nothing came out so I shrugged my shoulder letting more of my tears drip down my chin.

Everything still felt unbelievable. Just a week ago we were laughing and fooling around having the time of our life and today I had bid my best friend a final goodbye as he was buried underneath the ground.

Jimin wrapped his arms around me and leaning his head on my shoulder he shed tears of grief. He was very close to Eunwoo as well, after all, we knew each other since middle school. Returning his hug, I joined him in mourning our friend's death.

An urgent sound of car honking signaled me that Taehyung was getting impatient but I couldn't blame him. Everyone around us was well aware of Jimin's feelings towards me as he never kept it a secret.

Parting away from his embrace I gave him a sorry smile to which Jimin patted my head saying it was all fine. He was the most understanding person I ever came across as he never hesitated to give me support whenever I needed it.

Kissing in the crown of my head, he hunched down to wave at Taehyung then walked back to the funeral as I hopped inside the passenger seat and we drove to my house.

The days were never the same after Enuwoo's death. There was no more cheering when Popular guy's entered the cafeteria, people were less cheerful and even the weather seemed to be mourning his untimely death.

I took my usual seat in the cafeteria staring at the empty seats, I felt like my existence was cut in half.

Jimin silently took the seat before me while Taehyung settled down beside me. Students were whispering glancing our way, giving us a pitying look and the worst part was how easily everyone had accepted his death as a suicide.

I recalled the words of officer Kim Namjoon, who showed me CCTV footage of Eunwoo walking into the construction area on his own with no one accompanying him just 30 minutes before he had Jumped off from the highest point of the under-construction building at around 7 pm.

The driving factor of his suicide was announced to be the rejection from the company he was training to become an idol for 5years.

"There was no evidence of external involvement and there is no suspect plus everything hints its a suicide given that his final post on Social media was just goodbye"

"Tia" Taehyung's deep voice snapped me out of my trance and I realized I was simply playing with my food.

"Please eat something you look pale" He brought the spoon with mushroom soup onto my lips however I had no appetite.

I shook my head and murmured "I don't feel like" and Jimin was quick to voice out his concern.

"We need to stay strong if not for ourselves than for Jisoo and not to forget you need to take care of your health" His word made me open my mouth as Taehyung fed me the soup.

I felt so sorry for Taehyung as I was causing him so much trouble. I hated how fragile I had become mentally and physically. Seeing tears welling up in my eyes, Taehyung stood up from his seat and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm fine" I tried to assure him but my weak voice gave my lies away.

I wasn't fine, I was hurting inside. My chest was constricting with every pump of the blood and there was nothing that was helping to soothe it down. Not even Taehyung's tender hugs were working.

Following lunch, I went to the washroom and splashed water on my face to make my nausea go away.

I felt exhausted.

Taking a few deep breaths in, I fished the phone out of my pocket and unlocked it to find a new message from Jisoo.

Jisoo

He was murdered, Tiara. Somebody forced him to commit suicide.