23

Even though the demonologist left, his words never stopped reverberating in my ears. It was piercing my eardrums reminding me of the fact that I still didn't have my freedom.

"No escape"

There was a lump in my throat that never seemed to go. The more I tried to swallow it the more prominent it was becoming. 

Jungkook was left perplexed since he had no clue about my past but I knew exactly what the demonologist meant however the guy had remained silent without asking any question that would seem like he was prying into my life.

"Tia, he might be a scammer so don't pay much attention to the things he said" Jungkook tried to comfort me and then proceeded to prepare the bed for the night however my mind refused to stop dwelling on the words spoken by the Man.

As per him, the presence was not in the apartment nor the bathroom but within me and I knew exactly what he meant.

"I almost died in my high school due to complications from Lupus nephritis and My boyfriend saved my life by donating his kidney" I revealed gaining Jungkook's attention.

"Jimin?" he inquired and I shook my head saying no.

"Ta..." I choked because I didn't have the guts to take his name.

"He..." I tried but I failed once again.

Jungkook immediately hastened beside me to give me some form of support by taking me in his arms. Appreciating his help, I whispered him a small thank you and we both climbed into my bed and settled down in a comfortable position beside each other.

"Can you...?" seeing how difficult it was for me to open up about my past, he inquired if I could go on and I nodded my head conveying I was fine.

Firstly, I inhaled a deep breath and gathered myself to recite the darkest days of my life to him. I was not sure how would he react to the revelation but I felt like he deserved to know.

"I think I was seventeen when I first saw him, so beautiful yet an enigma." I began, flashing him a weak smile.

"We went to the same high school. He didn't use to talk much, stayed away from the crowd, and was cold and distant but I always believed he was misunderstood therefore I never liked how other students would treat him like a weirdo" I sunk back in the bed as Jungkook placed a pillow behind our back to lean against.

"I thought he simply lacked social skills and after having a crush on him for almost a year, I finally gathered my courage and asked him out" I flinched recalling the exact moment of my life which would be the reason for every devastation that would follow.

"Taehyung didn't reply to me so I thought he had rejected me because right after my confession he had simply stood up and left " The memories flashed making uneasiness settle down within me. The feeling was similar to having an upset stomach and the further I dived into my past the more the anxiety bubbled up.

"I was a bit sad but I didn't let the rejection affect me however the very next day rather than taking his usual seat he proceeded to sit beside me. He wouldn't talk much but following that day always sat near to me." I scoffed at my naive self who at that time I found his actions cute.

"maybe he was shy" was the exact thought that had crossed my mind

"Suddenly one day when a Jimin asked me out Taehyung interfered claiming I was his girlfriend" I resumed retelling my story which seemed like a fairy tale in the beginning, sweet and gentle.

For an eighteen-years girl knowing the guy I liked for so long was reciprocating my feelings was the happiest moment of my life. I was on cloud nine when Taehyung had taken hold of my hand and led me out of the cafeteria disregarding the wide eyes of the crowd that was watching us in confusion.

"Ice-princess dates the freak" everyone was talking about the next day when Taehyung and I made an entrance as an official couple.

"Everything was perfect when we started to date, he was an angel. Soft-spoken and mischievous yet caring. I thought he had a heart of gold." I didn't even know I was crying until Jungkook took a tissue from the table beside the bed and handed it over to me.

"When I was diagnosed with Lupus nephritis and was in need of a kidney, he donated his without blinking twice and that made me love him even more after all I owed my life to him" Even revisiting those days of my life made chills run through my spine. Without knowing the truth I was letting his hands dripped in blood touch me and pleasure me every single night.

"for two years that we were together, we never fought, never had any discussion, it was as if we were each other's counterparts however everything started to change from the day when we got the news that our Art professor had died. Apparently, her ex-husband had killed her." I moved closer to Jungkook's body in search of warmth because the atmosphere had suddenly shifted to be more chilling.

"Our art professor was the ex-wife of my best friend's uncle and he couldn't believe that his uncle was behind her death and since he was very close to his uncle tried to dig more about the case and suddenly he was found dead as well." The dark day when I got the news of my dear friend's demise was shocking at the same time traumatic. We were friends since middle school and his girlfriend Jisoo, who was also my best friend almost went insane at the revelation.

"His case was dismissed by saying suicide, but I and Jisoo knew, Eunwoo would never kill himself, no matter how fucked up his family was, he was a very optimistic person but what happened next was something even I hadn't anticipated" I was wailing my eyes out by this point while Jungkook held me tight in his protective arms.

It was the start of everything, The beginning of the end because after that day, one after another I lost every single people I loved and live for.

"Was he...I mean did your boyfriend..." he trailed off and I nodded my head confirming his suspicion.

"He killed the teacher and Eunwoo and later on he killed Jisoo as well"

***