29

The squeaking of the door notified me of his arrival and I quickly put up a fake smile and stood up from the bed to welcome him home like the perfect wife he wanted me to be.

"Honey I am home" I heard him yell from downstairs and I hastened over to the door of my locked room to greet him.

"I missed you so much," I said to him as soon as the door hung open and he lifted me up in the air then twirled me around showing off his box smile.

"I missed you too" sharing his feeling he captured my lips into a sweet kiss and then led me down to the kitchen.

It had been five months since I was living in his Confinement and in during that time period, Taehyung even forced me to marry him in his own small secret ceremony with only us and a priest. Unfortunately, the priest was of no help either because though I had slipped a paper explaining to him that I was kidnapped the man simply ignored it and even warned me to behave instead. Anyhow, I was still thankful to the man because he showed some empathy by choosing not to blurt out to Taehyung the fact that I was still acting and trying to escape.

Slowly as the day were passing my hopes to free myself were diminishing as well. I was only allowed to roam around the house in his presence otherwise I was locked into the upgraded room which now consists of a small window and television which broadcasted all of the channels except for the news so it was getting quite hard to figure out an escape route given that he was also monitoring me twenty-four hours through cameras installed in the various parts of the room and the house.

"Dinner for today" he made me sit down on the chair and started to arrange the plates on the dinner table then unpacked the food he had brought from the restaurant of my choice.

"Taehyung this much is enough, I will gain weight" I complained in a honey-laced voice seeing him fill my plate with a heap of food.

"You need to eat more Tia, especially fruits. It hasn't been even a year since your surgery" he reminded me trying to sound strict.

"Same to you" I took the big piece of meat from mine and transferred it to his platter.

"We have plenty, don't try to cheat your health" saying that he served more pieces of meat to me then took small bowls and loaded them with side dishes.

I flashed him a wide smile and began to dig into my food. Though I had no appetite I tried to pretend that I was enjoying the dinner however he was quick to notice.

"You are not eating much nowadays" leaning his head on his hand, he tried to read me with concern-filled eyes.

"I don't feel like eating much, It's like my taste bud stopped working" I explained stuffing kimchi and rice into my mouth.

"Tia did you get your periods" his questions startled me for a second.

I knew I was already late but it was quite common to have the periods late when the body and mind were stressed so I shrugged him off without uttering a word.

"I really think you need to take..."

"It's nothing like that Tae, I...I mean I can't be pregnant" I cut him off quickly.

Taehyung had been urging me to take a test for days now but I remained adamant. I didn't want to face the possibility that my situation could get any worst. I was barely able to breathe in peace around him and the pregnancy would surely demolish the remaining of my chance to escape as well. On top of that, I wasn't ready. Neither physically nor mentally.

"Tia" his voice was an octave lower signifying that he was serious this time.

"After dinner, take the test, if you are pregnant then there are a lot of things I need to prepare" he explained, his eyes not leaving my face.