1

I took a deep breath gathering myself to finally spell out the words I have been encouraged by my doctor to accept. The words that were supposed to free me from the deepest darkest shackles of my hideous past, the words which would signify the beginning of a new start.

It was heartbreaking as the image of my house blazing in the fire, crumbling down into nothing but dust played in my mind. My desperate screams of helplessness got stuck on my throat and only beads of droplets dripped down my chin as I watched my entire family burn down in flames right before my eyes.

However, with a final gulp of the inexpressible agony, the words slipped out of my lips as though it was not a gut-wrenching experience a person could ever go through.

"It wasn't my fault" I half-heartedly admitted.

My doctor Suba, who I had grown accustomed to due to countless therapy sessions for my PTSD, gave me a small smile and nodded her head.

"Your loved one will be proud of you. They would want you to let go of the past and move on as well" She leaned forward and gave me an encouraging pat on my thigh.

Despite being in her early thirties, she was one of the reputed psychiatrists in the city and also a friend of my late elder brother, one of the reasons why I choose to go to her.

"Life is like a chocolate box, we never know what we are gonna get, all we can do is expect it to be good" her soft-spoken voice lulled and just by listening to her voice, I felt my body relaxing.

"Forest Gump" she quoted the source of those wise words and I mirrored her smile recognizing the famous movie.

We both stood up from our respective seats and gave each other a hug knowing this was not just the end of the session for the day but the last of our session altogether. In a few days, I would be leaving the town for a fresh start and I would be continuing my therapy from the doctor recommended by her. "Dr Kim Seokjin".

"I wish you all the best for your future" she wished as I held her more tightly grasping that I would miss the person who helped me so much to stay sane.

"Thank you for everything" I sniffed being genuinely grateful for her support.

We chatted regarding my future plans and exited her office when I was welcomed by an angelic face with a soft smile gracing his plump lips. His bouncy golden hair parted with perfection as he glanced at me instantly elevating my mood. As always, he was patiently waiting for me while I got my therapy in order to take me home. Our Home

Park Jimin

He was the person who ensured my survival after the traumatic incident that shattered my world. He was my backbone in this lonely world and even a day without him would make me feel as though I was crippled.

Without any words, he took my hand and after bidding goodbye to my doctor he led me to his car.

"So much shopping to do and stuffs to pack" he exclaimed as we both secured ourselves with the seatbelt.

"I finally got the confirmation from the building management, our rooms are on the same floor so you have nothing to worry about" As he went on I quietly listened to his words and occasionally responded to him with head nods.

It wasn't that I was disinterested in his talk, in fact even Jimin knew I was listening to him with full attention but I no longer was the cheerful and talkative girl I used to be. The glee from my world had faded away and I was simply living the life I was awarded by god after so much bloodshed. The only reason I was willing to wake up in the morning was for the man beside me who loved me more than his life itself.

"Cant we live together?" I questioned him in a low voice since we had been living together for three years, I was completed depended on him so even the thought of being away from him scared me to death.

Following the night of tragedy, Jimin was the one who took me in since I had no one left in the world. My greedy relatives did want me however I was aware they were just behind the inheritance left by my parents so I rejected their offer and held the hand of my friend who I was confident would never let me down.

Ever since I moved in with him, he was in charge of everything in my life and had taken the responsibility to fulfil every hole in my life.

Like a mother, he took care of me, Like a father, he supported me, like a brother he protected me. He bore the burden of my degrading mental health, held me when I had nightmares, and sustained me whenever I had a mental breakdown, therefore, knowing that I would no longer be sharing the same space with him kind of made me feel weary.

"Our university is quite strict when it comes to accommodation, They don't seem to allow both genders to rent the same apartment, so for some time let's manage and after a few months we will search for a place together" He placed his hands over my thigh and rubbed it to ensure everything would be fine eventually and I trusted him for that.

"Since we will be on the same floor, I will always be near you" he was aware of what was bugging me so giving me some reassuring words, he retracted his hand back to the steering wheel.

Trying to understand the situation I bobbed my head. He was already leaving behind his life to accompany me to a new city so that I could start afresh and I couldn't ask for anything more than that. I was more than grateful for the sacrifices he had done for me.

"You will be fine Tiara" he added throwing me a pleasant smile.

Leaning my head against the window plane numbly staring at the scenery that was passing by in a blur. Until Jimin was there, I knew I would be fine. With him beside me, I had started to believe things will slowly get better. To be honest, I had started to become a little hopeful about my future.