19

I stood rooted at my spot for how long I had no recollection, but the dull ache in my feet conveyed that it had been more than what my body could withstand. My cheeks were damp with tears and I felt like I had nothing remained to live for.

Maybe It was indeed my fault, after all, I always took him for granted, didn't give him the love and affection he deserved but then I did try my best, I gave him everything I was capable of giving to someone. I had given him everything that was left of me.

Supporting my weakened body on the wall, I lightly pounded my head against the wall, mourning the loss of the person I loved.

I cursed myself for getting swayed by another man, I cursed myself for being a stupid girl who couldn't get a grip of her hormones. Why was I so pulled towards the guy I barely knew? I was well aware that I would be jeopardizing my relationship with Jimin yet why didn't I stop him from kissing me. I was hating my guts and I wanted to cut my lips off for kissing another man.

Suddenly the lights began flickering and the immediate shift of air from cold to absolutely chilling made me comprehend what was coming for me.

Just like how the predator chose its prey, stalked it and attacked it at the most vulnerable moment, I realized whatever that was hunting me was watching me 24 hours and preferred to strike whenever my mind and body were weakened.

Mustering up my courage I wandered my eyes around and in no time I spotted a black figure wearing the same mask at the end of the hallway with Smeraldo in his hand.

The fear bombarded my sense at once as my heart nearly leapt out of my mouth while I took abrupt steps opposite to the direction where he was staring at me from.

The first thought that came to me was to get hold of my cross so I leapt to grab the cross and the salt when the lights in the hallway went dead.

All my resolution to face my fear shattered as if it was made up of thin glass and I was already trembling in dread. 

It was going to get me today. I was certain that today was the day it would finish me.

The light was back on its own and so did the entity that was following me which was now a lot closer than it was a few seconds ago making me nearly pee on my pants.

With a shuddering breath, I dashed away from it towards the fire escape when the light went out again as if it was playing hide and seek with me.

Disregarding the absolute darkness enveloping me, I fasten my pace to get away from there. My mind scrambled to think where my phone was but as if it had stopped performing, I couldn't remember at all.  

The light abruptly came back to life and when my eyes adapted to brightness, the figure was right before me and finally, my voice burst out of my throat in a loud scream as my heart nearly failed.

"AHHHHH"

Toppling down on the floor, my cross and the salt scattered away from my range as the flare of pain originated from my butt propagated throughout my body. I didn't even give myself enough time to breathe properly and Immediately started to crawl to reach the cross whimpering in terror when I felt a force dragging me from the hallway into the captivity of my darkroom.

"JIMIN!!!!" I shrieked trying to get up but I was again harshly pushed down.

I must have scraped my knees really badly because a burning sensation erupted as soon as they met the floor. The air got stuck in my lung and the fear of the unknown disseminated all over my body.

I will die
I will die

The thought ramped my brain while I struggled under the unidentifiable entity.

A sound of something breaking
I awake from sleep
A sound full of unfamiliarity
Try to cover my ears but can't go to sleep

The song boomed all over the apartment making my screams go unnoticed. My dread hiked up to its peak as my fragile body trembled in the darkness attempting to free myself from something I could neither see, touch or smell.

The pain in my throat gets worse
Try to cover it
I don't have a voice
Today I hear that sound again

My voice was cut shut as I felt my throat being strangled with nothing. Due to the lack of light, I could simply figure out his silhouette while I tried to yank off whatever was wrapped around my neck squeezing the life out of me.

It's ringing again, that sound
A crack again on this frozen lake
I dumped myself into the lake
I buried my voice for you

My mind was slowly going dizzy due to the shortage of oxygen but I could perceive my dress was slowly rising upon its own. I choked as my eyes rolled backwards and I felt a cool breeze pass through my bare thighs.

A winter lake on which I was thrown away
A thick ice has formed
In the dream, I shortly went into
My agonizing phantom pain is still the same

I struggled but after a while, I could no longer feel anything and my consciousness eventually started to slip away from my grasp and I perceive this was how I would die. Alone, helpless and weak