15

I was waiting for Jimin in the living room randomly switching from one channel to another. Jungkook had just left my apartment after having dinner and watching an avenger movie with me. I didn't want to be left alone so I tried my best to keep him around but eventually, he had to leave so now I was on my own with every kind of god statue and holy objects such as a cross, a cup of salt around me to repeal any kind of spirits trying to hunt me.

As soon as I heard the beeping of the door opening, I ran to my room, jumped into the bed and switched off the lamp and pretended to be asleep facing the opposite side. I didn't want to have any conversation with him since I was still bitter about the previous event.

How could he lie about me being his just friend? At least I was honest with Jungkook and expressed that I was in a kind of relationship with Jimin. Even though there was no commitment between us I didn't try to hide his importance in my life.

I heard shuffling noises and soon felt the dip in the mattress but I didn't bother to acknowledge his presence. I covered my face giving him a clear signal that I was mad at him.

Jimin gently caressed me from the outer blanket and my heart melted with ease. Suddenly I began to reckon with my action and behaviour. If seeing him with another girl made me feel so dejected I could only guess how much worst he must have felt to see me with Jungkook given that he has been in love with me for years.

The phone that was just beside me vibrated so I pulled it out to see the message. It was most probably Jungkook wishing me goodnight but when my eyes landed on the text my soul left my body.

Jiminie

Tiara, I will be late today. Don't wait for me and sleep.

If Jimin was still outside who was beside me, holding me from behind? I could no doubt feel someone laying alongside me. Its hand wrapped around me over the blanket.

My heart pounded so hard that it could rip out of my ribcage, the hair on the back of my neck stood up and my palms went sweaty due to dread. I couldn't even breathe as the gravity of the situation soaked into my mind. 

The first thing that came to my mind was that today was the day I would die. If not from the hands of the thing that was hunting me then from a heart attack. 

Every thump of my heart was painfully frightening. I wanted to run away, and scream but instead, I remain unmoved.

I slowly turned my phone to silent mode and then sent a message to both Jungkook and Jimin.

Help me, please 

That was all I could send them at that moment because my mind was going completely insane.

Its hand slowly moved to my head and began to fondle my hair while I cupped my mouth to prevent myself from screaming. I heard it humming the familiar tune but at that point, I was too traumatized to recognize it. Every passing second felt tremendously long as I lay beside it with tears dripping down my eyes nonstop.

One part of me wanted to turn around and face my fear while others urged me to stay frozen and after what felt like the longest moment of my life with mental torment, I heard the door of my room opening and in a flash, the feeling of someone beside me vanished in thin air.

"TIA" Jungkook's worried voice filled the room and finally I burst into tears but still couldn't muster up the courage to turn around.

Jungkook leapt into the bed and pull me into his arms rocking me to and fro while I cried a river. I had lost my voice, my ability to think or process anything so I just shut my eyes close and cradled against his chest hoping this to end soon.