27

The sharp and stern voice of a reporter coming from the TV stirred me up into my consciousness and I slowly opened my heavy eyelids. The back of my head was still throbbing hard but couldn't bring my hands up to massage the temple of my head to soothe it down. I struggled to use my hands but soon perceived that they have been restrained by a rope.

The suicide note by the 21-year-old boy Joshua... mentioned that it was jealousy that triggered him to take such drastic steps to eliminate the victim by forcing him to commit suicide and he did so by threatening the lives of the victim's friend and family anonymously.

As my blurry vision was restored, I noticed the News reporter reporting a case right in front of my College on the flat-screen TV hung before the bed that I was lying on.

The boy went ahead to blackmail and rape another female student before committing suicide by shooting himself in the head. Another victim of his vicious attack has still been missing and the police department has allocated their entire force in search of the missing college student...

Suddenly my face was flashed on the Tv saying missing for more than twenty-four hours. I let out a muffled scream trying to call out for help when a warm hand caressed my head hushing me down.

"Tia it's fine, you are safe here" Taehyung's voice brought immense fear within me and I shrieked trying to scoot away from him but he trapped me with his strong arms.

"Promise me you won't scream" He was fondling my hair and only after I nodded my head in agreement, did he let go of me and uncovered my mouth.

"Why?" was the first word that fell off my lips while I cried shutting my eyes close.

I couldn't believe that Taehyung was a killer, I couldn't accept that my loving boyfriend was behind the death of my best friends. I wanted him to say that it was a misunderstanding or that this was just a nightmare but again the pain in my head and my wrist reminded me that I was living the reality.

"I never meant this to happen, you were supposed to return your home" he sighed as if that was his only concern, not the fact that he had killed people.

"How could you do this? how could you?" I screamed at him and the look of irritation quickly spread across his face.

"They were very noisy, I never like how they took your time" He shrugged his shoulder as if killing him wasn't a big deal.

It appeared like the decision to get rid of my friends came to him spontaneously while he was drinking coffee one morning.

"But" he lifted his finger and pointed at me, cutting me off "that wasn't the reason why I killed them, I knew their death would make you sad so I always controlled my urges however they were digging too much so I ended up making the pit they were digging, their grave."

Every single cell that I constituted of was trembling in terror having to face him. It was like interacting and trying to come into compromisation with death itself.

"Eunwoo was trying to prove his Uncle's innocence by investigating that whore's death and he was about to come close so I threatened him with Jisoo's and your life and like an idiot, he killed himself without much effort,"

Putting his hand behind his head to support it against the headboard, he made himself comfortable beside me

"Typical Eunwoo " He 'tsk' rolling his eyes.

"Then you know how Jisoo started to mess around as well. Going through Eunwoo's mails and seriously for a sec I thought I would get caught but that idiot Jimin accidentally gave me a perfect idea to use Joshua." He was grinning at me. However, it wasn't the same as before.

His innocent smile had somehow deformed into a menacing one as he confessed his crime without a hint of sadness or regret in his eyes.

"Just like I had guessed Joshua asked for sexual favor and damn, right there I could frame him for everything with evidence. Past criminal record, plus charges of sexual harassment by Jisoo, He was the perfect scapegoat. It would look like he first killed Eunwoo due to jealousy, blackmailed and raped Jisoo and killed her in struggle then killed himself" he was explaining himself as if he was presenting a report to me.

The side of Taehyung I was witnessing right now was completely out of my imagination. There was not even a pinch of compassion in his deep eyes which were once impeccable in my view.

"But you, my babe ruined everything by appearing there. I texted you from Jisoo's phone and asked you to return but being a curious kitten you had to interfere. Don't you know curiosity kills the cat?" His last words made chills run through my spine and my entire life flashed in front of me. I was regretting approaching him so much that I was praying to God to give me one last chance to rectify my mistake.

Seeing the salty droplet drip down my eyelashes, Taehyung flared his nose in fury. His lips twitched as his vicious eyes bore into my feared ones.

"After everything I have done for you, you think I will kill you? I fucking gave up my kidney to save your fucking ass" In a deep voice he growled and I jumped in fright.

If he wasn't going to kill me, what was he planning to do to me? An airplane crashed on my head when I comprehended he was planning to keep me tied up for the rest of my life.

"No Taehyung please let me go, I won't say anything to anyone, I promise" I brought my tied hands before me and tried to bargain my freedom with him.

I was honest when I said I would keep my mouth shut since nothing but my own life seemed to be important at that moment.

"Please" I was struggling even more when he cradled my fragile body against his strong ones.

"Shush, It's okay Tia, I will look after you,

You are safe now

I will protect you from the monsters outside

Nothing in this world can hurt you now

After all, No one will be able to touch you,

see you

hear you

or even smell you

because that's what a good boyfriend does right?

Keep his girl safe"

He whispered in a sweet voice that was more terrifying than the uncertainty my future held.

*****

Wow, Tae is scary!!!!!!