“That’s because I didn’t tell you what it was.” I snapped.

I saw him smile, actually smile for the first time since he’s been here. “You look beautiful babe.” He said, only for me to hear.

“So two weeks from now?” I said loudly, trying not to smile.

“I’ll have my assistant get in touch with you.” He said, stepping into the elevator.

I made it back to my desk and finished working.

-

Pleased with my first day, I bought myself a milkshake. This job isn’t so bad after all. I was slightly nervous because I thought Ashton would speak to me the way Zayn does to Samantha.

I parked my car and walked inside to my apartment, shutting the door quickly. “How was your first day?” Lia asked.

“It was actually pretty good. You’ll never guess who showed up!” I scoffed.

“Aw he wanted to see you.” She laughed.

I rolled my eyes and plopped onto the sofa. “I kind of need your help.” She grimaced.

“With?” I quirked an eyebrow.

“I want a job at Zayn’s company.” She rushed out.

“Lia I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work for him.” I frowned.

“Why not?” She questioned.

“He’s a completely different person when he’s at work. He’s a douche to all of his employees.”

“Sky please.” She whined.

“I’ll text him.” I sighed.

I changed into some jeans and a hoodie, relieved I don’t have to wear those heels anymore. The doorbell rang and I was hoping it wasn’t him.

“Sky, these are for you.” Lia said excitedly, handing me a box of flowers.

I suppressed a smile and took them from her, searching for a card. “What does it say?” She asked.

“I just found it, let me read it.” I chuckled.

We need to talk, please come to my house. I have a surprise for you. -Zayn

“I don’t want to go.” I whined, holding up the card. She snatched it from me and read it, smirking at me.

“Mm. You better come home tonight.” She said sternly.

“Yes mom.” I scowled.

She laughed and headed in the direction of her room. I grabbed my keys and ran to my car. A surprise? I wonder what it could be.

-

The entire drive was spent thinking of what the surprise is. Zayn is very complicated so it could be anything.

I knocked on the door multiple times but received no answer. The door creaked open, and I cautiously stepped inside. “Zayn.” I called out.

My voice echoed through the house, but other than that, it’s silent. I checked his bedroom, only for it to be empty. I guess he’s running late.

It’s starting to get dark, where could he be?

I walked through the dark hallway and into the kitchen, flipping on the light switch. I stood at the refrigerator, looking for something to drink when a cloth covered my nose. I blinked ferociously to clear my vision as the dizziness set in.