Chapter 89 - Honesty

Start from the beginning

I took out the vial that had a clear liquid and poured some of it into his glass of water.

That should be the right amount.

***DYLAN'S POV***

Cupid came back with two glasses of water. "Here," he handed me one of them.

I set it down on the coffee table in front of the couch.

"How bad does it taste?" I questioned him before drinking the mixture.

"It tastes like herbs, but you mostly taste dirt that's why I brought water for you," he explained.

Well, then I guess here goes nothing.

I downed the liquid and immediately felt it come back up.

Shit!

I swallowed it again before my mouth could spit it out.

"Yuck! That was so gross," I coughed. The pain in my body slowly began fading away, and so were the marks.

Wow, this stuff is crazy.

Cupid grabbed my water and handed it to me.

I drank some of it, then placed it back on the table.

Something feels off.

"So, Dylan, were you being honest when you said you could handle the pain?" Cupid randomly asked.

Before I could think of an answer, I responded, "No." It took me a second before I realized that I didn't answer by my own free will. "Wait, I meant y—no—huh? What's this?! I said y—no."

I started panicking inside a little.

I can't say yes verbally! What the hell is going on? Should I tell Cupid?

Cupid gave me a strange look, "So you lied?"

"Yes, it actually hurt tremendously, but I didn't want to worry you even more than you already were." I turned away to hide my mortified face.

What is wrong with me?!

"But I rather you tell me the truth than lie to me, I was worried about you, it's okay to be honest even if it gets me even more concerned," he put his hand on my cheek.

We locked eyes and I suddenly spoke again. "I love you—I mean—well I do, but," I blushed and turned away, "why am I saying these embarrassing things out loud?"

Cupid cupped my face and kissed me, "I love you too," he stared into my eyes.

I put my hands over his wrists, "I should probably take off my sweater it's all full of blood and so is yours," I motioned to his sweater which was beside me, "do you mind putting them in the laundry basket?"

"Sure."

I took my sweater off, then grabbed his sweater and handed them to him. He took them and left.

Okay, it had to be the water, I swear he did something to it. I just need to test it out.