Sticky Notes

A/N: First chapter. Fingers crossed people like it. My writing has become a great deal better from when I first wrote this, so stick around☻︎

Edit from future R: chapters do get less cringe the further you go I promise 😂

The cafeteria was too loud. Too many people. It made you uncomfortable even though you were sitting alone.

You were never a people person. Sure, at your old school you had friends, but they were a select few, and it took you a while for you to warm up to them. But you went to a new school this year, and so far, you hadn't made any friends. Not that you were complaining.

You were the type of person to keep to yourself. Keep your head low, do your work, stay out of trouble type of person. But it was really because you were too afraid of change, no matter how much you dreamt of doing something.

"Are you okay?" The voice had startled you, snapping you out of your current daydream. "S-sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" The voice apologized.

You looked up from where she was staring at the table with your head in your hands to meet the face of the boy who talked. "Yeah." You said in a quiet voice. "I'm fine."

You watched as the boy in front of you frowned a little, and then invited himself to sit down across from you. With a curious stare, you watched as his brown curls bounced slightly as he climbed over the bench and his dark eyes met yours.

"Are you sure?" He tilted his head slightly to the left. "I-I don't mean to intrude, but you don't look okay."

"I'm fine." You repeated cautiously. "Just not having a really good day."

"That sucks." You thought with the tone of your voice, you had shut the conversation down, but instead, the boy rested his elbows on the table, folding his arms down and leaning slightly forward with a small smile. "Can I help you feel better?"

"Um," Your eyebrows furrowed down while you stared across the table at him. "I don't even know you?"

He then cleared his throat and straightened his back. "I'm Peter. Peter Parker." He held out his hand with a large smile, expecting you to shake it and introduce yourself, but that's not what you did.

Instead, you scoffed in disbelief, a shocked look appearing on your face. "Sorry, but I don't do friends that easily." You receded your arms that were already on the table and dropped them in your lap. You tried to ignore how the action had made Peter's smile waver and dip down a little, because to your surprise, it hurt a little to see the disappointment on his face.

But the hurt didn't las long as he just shrugged and smiled. "Well, you're always alone, I've noticed since your first day here, and I want to fix that."

"Why? You don't know me." You stated, narrowing your eyes.

"I would like to know you," Peter's head then turned to look behind him as a voice called out his name. "I'm gonna go sit with my friend Ned, he's right over there, if you want to come over. He's the one who worked up my courage enough to come over here in the first place, and now that I've started, I'm not stopping. Actually," He lifted his bookbag up from next to him and opened it on the table, taking out a yellow sticky note and a pen. "Here,"

Standing up, he stuck the note down in front of you, and you watched as Peter as he waved goodbye and walked away to sit with Ned.

Glancing down, you saw what he had quickly scribbled on the post-it.