C200. Braised Pork Joint Event (122)

After Gu Tingye had lost his temper for no reason, he took a detour on the horse to a hundred years-old restaurant, House of Goodness, and brought back a fat braised pork joint with sugar candy. Seeing the praised pork joint with delicious soy sauce smell which was wrapped by the green lotus leaf, Minglan was in a daze with her eyes only fixed on the dish.

Then she couldn't help but look around, finding there was nobody else around. Then she pounced on the food and took a huge bite on the pork joint. After that, she compared her arm and the pork joint, feeling quite satisfied with a smile on her face; Then she waved her hand and called Xiaotao over to let the latter to bring the pork joint to the kitchen. According to Minglan's instruction, after the pork joint had been chopped, half of the meat should be left to Mama Ge and other cooks in order to let them learn to cook this dish while the other half should be served at dinner table.

However, Gu Tingye happened to come back from the outer study. When he saw Xiaotao running in the hall with that braised pork joint, he then ordered her to stop. As he came over to look at the dish, his face turned as green as the lotus leaf right away. He saw two rows of teeth marks on the glossy and smooth pork joint. Those were really deep and scary marks.

Well, those marks kind of spoke for themselves.

Then he raised his head to look at the sky, being both angry and amused.

At dinner that night, Minglan glutted herself with the pork joint, being completely overjoyed. She also strongly recommended the dish to her husband. In the meantime, Gu Tingye only looked at her and made no comment with the corner of his mouth curved. Minglan who didn't notice that only buried herself in the food. This braised dish from a hundred years restaurant really deserved its reputation with an authentic flavour. She even ate up the whole plate of the meat.

As a result, Minglan was suffered from indigestion that night. Being tortured by the stomach distension, she lied on bed and sobbed gently. Gu Tingye, with his hair hanged down loosely, his snow satin rope unbuttoned and his strong chest vaguely exposed, dismissed everyone else. Then he held a cup of medicated leaven tea which could help her digest while coaxing Minglan to drink it up. However, the girl was not able to drink it in.

Gu Tingye was so anxious to see her suffering that he almost wanted to invite the imperial physician. However, Minglan dragged his sleeve and said in a sobbing tone, "If someone else knows that I was stuffed, I, I ,I... I would be so mortified!"

Gu Tingye walked around in the room furiously while reproaching her with a straight face, "You deserve it! How could you eat half of the pork joint at one time! Not a single lady or madam in the capital would be like you!"

Minglan touched her plump belly, sobbing and hiccuping. Now she looked exactly like a stuffed little squirrel. Then she covered her face and wept, feeling aggrieved and humiliated, "... It's all because you have bitten me."

Gu Tingye got even more angry and scolded her with his eyes wildly open, "You cowardly bully! Why don't you have the gut to bite me and stop biting the pork joint!"

Minglan lowered her head in low spirit while disdaining herself secretly.

Because Minglan didn't feel well lying flat, Gu Tingye could only held her in his arms while leaning against the bedside. As he messaged her belly, he couldn't help cursing in a low voice. In the meantime, Minglan gradually fell into a sleep. While she was in a trance, she saw the Dong Ding stone censor carved with coiling dragon letting out smokes and heard the man's heavy heartbeats.

While she was still in a daze, she suddenly felt very secure and at ease.

The next day before the daybreak, Gu Tingye got up early to go to work. When he was about to get off the bed, he suddenly felt something was dragging his collar. Then he lowered his head and saw a jade-like small hand dragging his robe. Due to the little tightening of her grip on his robe, her transparent fingernails turned a bit pink, looking like the tender and soft petals of the begonia bud.